Island Air Minimums?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

So Broke

Heard from a friend that Island Air is dropping their minimums of 1500/500. Wondering if there is any merit to this, or is it just wishful thinking on his part. Has any one heard the same?

Ya I want to know too! Anybody heard anything about the mins at Island Air? Do they really hold true to 1500/500

So Broke said:
Heard from a friend that Island Air is dropping their minimums of 1500/500. Wondering if there is any merit to this, or is it just wishful thinking on his part. Has any one heard the same?
Yes it's true. Official IA minimums are now 1000 tt fixed wing and 200 multi. Captain minimums have not changed. Just checked with HR.

In my experience, even if you don't meet the minimums you should apply anyway, now that things are starting to turn around, all airlines will start lowering their minimums, resumes on file that meet the new minimums will be given first looks. By the time the word hits the street about the new minimums they have hired 2 or 3 classes at the lower minimums already. Island Air actually lowered the minimums almost a month ago. When I first got hired at Eagle in '99 their published minimums were 1500/500 multi 10% of your flight time actual IFR, I got hired with 1200/300 and within a year they were hiring guys with 500-600 tt.

Good luck

interview june 24

hey guys,

i have a interview with IA on june 24. I Wanted to know what is the process, where can i stay ay a cheap hotel
in honolulu, is it a two day interview. i heard they is no sim ride. they had my application since last december.

also are they hiring for the pool or are they going to hire for a class date. I also wanted to to know how expensive is it to live in hawaii on a FO salary., how much is a one bedroom apartment.

thanks for any help

AZaviator said:
Here's a studio unit for over $100,000. It has an ocean view, but, come on, a studio for $109,500??

The price of paradise. How about a small single family home, maybe just a fixer upper? If you find anything less than about $325,000 jump on it! But anything you find on the MLS in Hawaii is probably already sold. Rentals are no better right now either. I know a guy bought a home on Maui in 2000 for $230K and just sold it for half a mil. Its insane.

zafar7 said:
hey guys,

how much is a one bedroom apartment.

thanks for any help
I think you were talking about renting...studios $600 (crappy) - $1200 (pretty fly), 1BR $800 (crappy) -- $2000 (nice)

good luck

.....awhile back, I looked at a Waikiki 1br condo, 15th floor, Ala wai/mountain view, 450sf, decent condition.....yours, for only $188k.

Now that's expensive! But consider Socal. A friend of a friend was looking at buying a condo (I think 500sf) a block from the beach in La jolla......only $750k.

Latest resources

Back