• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is XOJet killing your business?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sure we are, how many??? I know there are around 7000 apps on file for state side ops... Keep updating them fellas. Took me a year after I applied, before the bottom fell out, but its well worth it!

Boy! I wish I had all of you experts working for my company! whew! you guys are smart! OCR ad Jonjuan,,why are you guys pilots? you should get a job on NObama's cabinet! How can you possibly know the business model of XOJET? Heck, I'm not sure if I even know it! But I do know that I'm still flying 50 hours a month and our customers love us. This is still a Free economy! Should we rip on GM and Ford for offering to buy your new car back if you loose your job? That is unheard of in the auto biz. but it helps them sell cars...maybe they should have asked you first! Good Luck with your company but stop using this site as a punching bag for XOJET. I'm very happy and hope you all do well.

I don't know what business model they are using, but there are some choices:

1. "We'll lose money on every flight, but make it up on volume." Not going to work - see People Express.

2. "We'll keep the prices low until the competition goes out of business, then jack them right back up again." See Independence Air. NWA, UAL, and others lowered prices to match them, added new routes to compete - and they all went away before the ink on Independence Air's Chapter 11 was dry. Of course, it doesn't work if you run out of money first.

3. "We need cash now. Get those planes moving at any price." See Chrysler! Usually a short term sustaining mode, but not a recipe for long term success.

4. "We can sell at those prices if we assume that aircraft values will go up by 2011." No aircraft depreciation, no depreciation expense. Fine if it turns out to be true, although the accounting board might complain (see thread on Netjets loss due to aircraft writedowns)

So...IMO XOJet's pricing could work - if their financiers are patient and the market turns.

Is xojet getting any resumes for the middle east?

Sent mine in several days ago. I do not have the type rating, but am currently located in and have lots of experience in the ME as well as Europe, Africa, Asia, etc. I meet the mins for CA in Abu Dhabi. Any word on when they will start interviewing?

Tim

They kind of mentioned hiring 2-3 guys in the very near future to work there full time. Thats all I really know...

We had a conference call yesterday and it was "kind of mentioned". They really didn't have any firm details yesterday is all I'm saying:beer:

Latest resources

Back