• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is XOJet killing your business?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, you almost got it right, but what I think you meant to say is that YOU have nothing intelligent to say. You make comments about my analysis that clearly demonstrate that you have no idea what you are talking about, but instead of taking a specific point that I make and suggesting an alternative point of view, you simply spew a lot of childish rhetoric. There is nothing in any of my writings that has been "bashing". It was meant to be an intelligent discussion about a business model that does not seem to make sense to ANYONE who has anything intelligent to say about it. If you had any desire to participate in this thread in a meaningful way, you could have taken any one of my talking points, asked one of the executives in your company if there is any truth to it, and if not, come back and objectively pointed out to where I was wrong. Instead you just write a lot of gibberish that says nothing and shows how naive you are to the world. To think that because XOJet has money behind it, that it can't be a flawed business model, which only further demonstrates your ignorance. There was just as much money behind JetDirect, Dayjets, Eclipse, and on and on and on. In any case, it is clear that there are few people who have anything intelligent to contribute about this discussion, and your preference is clearly to be kept in the dark like a mushroom, with no idea where the business that employs you is going. Some day you will learn, but apparently you need to stumble a few times before you figure it out.

And by the way, how do you know that I have never seen their business plan or had discussions with their key execs, former execs, customers, and former customers? You presume far too much. Enough said.

OCR,

Thanks for the admitting that I "almost have it right." I however must reaffirm that you have gotten nothing right, and will thank you to NEVER speak for me.

As I've said, I believe this thread is pointless in that your pompous "financial analysis" has never quoted any real financial data, nor described the business model you are sure is flawed. You have concerned yourself with a tiny part of our business that makes it hard for your company to compete. It's simply affective marketing that has the side benefit of producing cash flow. It is not our business plan.

You inferred that you have some inside information. I challenge you to lay out our business plan if you know what it is. You have stated several times that it's flawed, so you must be quite familiar with it. You have stated that you have done financial analysis on XOJET, so please tell me what our bottom line is? What's our cash position? Credit line? Revenue? Debt-load? How much business do we have in the pipeline? What does our expected growth look like?

I have to admit I cannot not participate in your "financial analysis" because I have personally never seen the numbers, but I'm told by some very bright people that they are significantly different than you portray them to be. You say you have something intelligent to say on this subject. Whatever that may be, it is my opinion you have yet to articulate it. Here's your chance. However, if you can't answer these basic questions, I don't believe you can speak intelligently about XOJET's business model. I don't mean that to be a slam on you, it's just the way it is.

Last edited:
OCR,

Thanks for the admitting that I "almost have it right." I however must reaffirm that you have gotten nothing right, and will thank you to NEVER speak for me.

As I've said, I believe this thread is pointless in that your pompous "financial analysis" has never quoted any real financial data, nor described the business model you are sure is flawed. You have concerned yourself with a tiny part of our business that makes it hard for your company to compete. It's simply affective marketing that has the side benefit of producing cash flow. It is not our business plan.

You inferred that you have some inside information. I challenge you to lay out our business plan if you know what it is. You have stated several times that it's flawed, so you must be quite familiar with it. You have stated that you have done financial analysis on XOJET, so please tell me what our bottom line is? What's our cash position? Credit line? Revenue? Debt-load? How much business do we have in the pipeline? What does our expected growth look like?

I have to admit I cannot not participate in your "financial analysis" because I have personally never seen the numbers, but I'm told by some very bright people that they are significantly different than you portray them to be. You say you have something intelligent to say on this subject. Whatever that may be, it is my opinion you have yet to articulate it. Here's your chance. However, if you can't answer these basic questions, I don't believe you can speak intelligently about XOJET's business model. I don't mean that to be a slam on you, it's just the way it is.

Well, actually I believe several pages ago I laid out quite a bit of financial information relative to the cost of operating these airplanes, including direct operating costs, payroll costs, reposition costs, overnight fees, and average revenue yields. If any of that information was not correct, there was plenty of opportunity for you to challenge it with factual data. Clearly in all your writings you have not, and you have said a lot of nothing, while continually stating that I don't know enough about the business to comment on it. It's really quite laughable.

Well, actually I believe several pages ago I laid out quite a bit of financial information relative to the cost of operating these airplanes, including direct operating costs, payroll costs, reposition costs, overnight fees, and average revenue yields. If any of that information was not correct, there was plenty of opportunity for you to challenge it with factual data. Clearly in all your writings you have not, and you have said a lot of nothing, while continually stating that I don't know enough about the business to comment on it. It's really quite laughable.

You made up some numbers and related them to the $19K one way charters which are available to and from 9 cities on a limited basis. Again, it's Marketing. When are you going to talk about our model that is supposedly flawed?

Oh, and I believe your conclusion was that it is better to let the asset sit than to lose a little money on a charter which I believe I proved is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back