Is UPS about to strike?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Godvek said:
I hear a rumor that UPS is about to go on strike. Any truth? Please, UPS pilots only on this one!

No. The union took a vote for a strike authorization. There are still several more steps which have to be taken if a strike is called for.

An actual strike is a last resort and is only used as such. Personally, I'm optimistic that an industry-leading contract can be had without resorting to a strike. It may come down to the 12th hour, but that is how business seems to be conducted around here.

Like I said, I'm optimistic. However, if my union says a strike is imminent, I have a good pair of shoes and I'm willing to walk.

There's a lot riding on our contract, not just for us but also for our bretheren at FedEx and ABX. The bar has been lowered substantially in other areas of the industry over the past few years, and it's time to start raising it once again. We get an excellent contract and the FedEx pilot group has something to aim for in their negotiations with Fred. I'm happy to scratch their back now, because I may need them to scratch mine later.

I'm not greedy nor selfish. I just want what is fair and I want a nice slice of the pie for my efforts.

may I buy you a drink?

I couldn't agree more Clyde.

Good luck to you guys over there. FedEx pilots are watching closely.

Goose17

Goose17 said:
FedEx pilots are watching closely.

Not as close as those goobs sitting across from Chimenti, I bet.

You can hear them whispering now:
"should we try 6%? maybe 8, this time?"
"yeah and say something about retro pay and remind them that half of them already make over 200K a year"
"and you call that crappy Memphis newspaper and tell the "in the pocket" reporter that most of the pilots like to kick puppies and kittens"

VaB said:
. . . most of the pilots like to kick puppies and kittens"
Yeah, but they were EVIL puppies and kittens. . .

Goose17 said:
I couldn't agree more Clyde.

Good luck to you guys over there. FedEx pilots are watching closely.

Goose17

We'll do our best to give you guys something to work with. And the first drinks are on me.

yank,

the original question said ABOUT to strike.

my response means if your definition of ABOUT is sometime in the month of MAY then it is rumor and false.

A stike might occur sometime in the future, but I would not define the time frame as About.

r

hope this helped

Godvek said:
I hear a rumor that UPS is about to go on strike. Any truth? Please, UPS pilots only on this one!

You read it here first
May 12, 2005 12:01 a.m.

To: All IPA Crewmembers

STRIKE AUTHORIZATION VOTE COUNT RESULTS

The following is a breakdown of all votes properly submitted to the IPA Election and Ballot Certification Board, and counted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 . The Election and Ballot Certification Board certified the following results of the strike authorization vote count:

Strike Authorization Vote Count:

Eligible to Vote: 2462

Ballots Received: 2371 (represents 96.3% of the eligible voters)

Yes Votes: 2356 (99.37%)

No Votes: 15 (0.63%)

The votes were submitted to the IPA Executive Board on May 11, 2005 by:

Latest resources

Back