Is UPS about to strike?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Godvek

I hear a rumor that UPS is about to go on strike. Any truth? Please, UPS pilots only on this one!

UPS doesn't have the ball$ to allow a pilot strike. They lost their manhood, (customers), on the last strike by the drivers. I'm sure Eskew is smarter than that.

no strike is immenent and we have taken the strike vote which all part of the negotiation process. As far as going on a strike , everything is possible but unlikely.

the eb has called for a strike authorization vote. the results of the vote are not in. we have two weeks coming up in mid may of talks.

I am hopeful that a agreement can be reached during this time. I feel it is in the companys, our customers, the "shareowners" and our pilot groups best interest that a contract is reached. A strike would of course be a last resort. There are numerous issues that still remain to be addressed--scope, retirement, benifits, schedule and compensation.

fbt 100%

Go big brown! Take them to the cleaners guys...Boxes will always have to move. I would be interested to hear why they can't give a good raise to you guys, seeing that you just had record profits!
Good luck...I hope for the best for all of you!

UPS lost a bunch of business last time during the strike. This go around it's even more competitve in light of DHL's presence in the market as well as the highly competitive and lucrative asian market. Express cargo is a commodity these days - there are several companies that provide identical services. No company can afford a strike.

Latest resources

Back