Is Uncle Worse Than Sh**inga?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lol.

Yip doesn't want to say management thuggery but union thuggery is fine.

How about leadership thuggery, I could like that one, but do you mean by management that the guys in accounting are beating you up?

How about leadership thuggery, I could like that one, but do you mean by management that the guys in accounting are beating you up?

I think if any department that has caused more damage to the brand and the pilots would be accounting.

So there had to be financial disclosure when DAC bought Flex from Bombardier and the STIP payout had to be disclosed in the settlement figures. What was the payout from Bombardier and at 1+% paid to the pilots, can anyone figure out how much Uncle put in his pocket?

... I think of managment as the guys in accounting who pay the bills, the guys in ops who comply with the regs and marketing guys who sell product. Simple day to day functions that make it possible for a company to operate.

You might like to think of it in those simple terms, but that certainly doesn't make it correct.

I think you are confused. "Leadership" is a quality of good management, thuggery and fear are qualities of bad management. Management is NOT accounting. Accounting, like every other department, does what management tells (or inspires) them to.

If you had good leadership, someone who was looking out for you none of this would be taking place...

We can agree on that.

So there had to be financial disclosure when DAC bought Flex from Bombardier and the STIP payout had to be disclosed in the settlement figures. What was the payout from Bombardier and at 1+% paid to the pilots, can anyone figure out how much Uncle put in his pocket?

I think you're referring to the bonus earned in 2013 but paid after the sale in 2014. That was covered by BBD, not DAC.

Without any metrics or even budget numbers its impossible to calculate what the 2014 bonus would have been using the same formula as 2013. KR is quoted as saying that a $4.5M payout to the pilots was "unpalatable". I guess $350K is tolerable, giving a difference of about $4.1M.

I'm pretty sure I know what the 2015 bonus is, and it is definitely unpalatable.

Well well ... management thuggery. Say it ain't so! G4? Yip?:)

I agree. Thuggery is thuggery. Ricci deserves the meanest union possible. Alternatively, all his pilots should take the good money coming from the pilot shortage and go elsewhere if they can. Leave him high and dry.

Speaking of the other half of this comparison, look who's out as head of Signature & the Flight Support division. From a BBA statement 5/8:

Michael Scheeringa (President and CEO, Flight Support) resigned from BBA Aviation to pursue other opportunities. Michael has stepped down from the Executive Committee and ceased to have operational responsibility for Flight Support from 1st May. Responsibility for the division has been transferred to Simon Pryce, Group Chief Executive. Michael will remain within the organisation to ensure a smooth transition until he leaves the Group later in the year. The Board thanks Michael for his efforts and significant contribution during his time at BBA Aviation and wishes him well in the next phase of his career.

I agree. Thuggery is thuggery. Ricci deserves the meanest union possible. Alternatively, all his pilots should take the good money coming from the pilot shortage and go elsewhere if they can. Leave him high and dry.

Sorry G4, I'm in this for the long haul.

BTW, Uncle is going to use one of the brand new Gulfstreams for his personal airplane instead of it going to the line to generate revenue. If he can afford that, he can afford to give me a nice raise. GC

Latest resources

Back