• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is This The Reputation FI Users Want?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I was instructing, a GIV pulled on the FBO ramp at 9am, and the APU ran straight until they left at 4pm. In May. Is there any justification for that?

FastestPA31Ever said:
When I was instructing, a GIV pulled on the FBO ramp at 9am, and the APU ran straight until they left at 4pm. In May. Is there any justification for that?

Yeah. It's because they wanted to and the management doesn't mind. If an airport doesn't want people running APU's all day, they need to put a note in the Jepps/NOTAM'S and start fining people for doing it.

Like G200 said, it's far more comfortable watching DSS on a G-IV, V or lobal ;) than it is vying for a 'recently-farted-in' naugahyde recliner in the crew room with popcorn remnants sticking to your butt when you leave. Would you rather watch the Playboy channel or whatever BigD wanted to watch (because he got there at 0800 and grabbed the remote) all day long?

That's why the APU is running all day long.TC

AA717driver said:
Would you rather watch the Playboy channel or whatever BigD wanted to watch (because he got there at 0800 and grabbed the remote) all day long?
I hear ya, nothing like being trapped in nice lounge like STP Signature with a couple of corn-pones who commandeered the T.V. to watch C.M.T. all day.

Latest resources

Back