Is This The Reputation FI Users Want?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dumbledore said:
What is it with you yo-yo's who think that you need to run the beacon when the APU is running? You're just shortening the life of a life-limited part!

I agree, that bugs the heck out of me. For some reason the corporate world has come under the illusion that since the APU is a jet engine then the beacon has to be on. BS.

Only turn on the beacon just prior to engine start. (The ones that provide the thrust)

Dangerkitty said:
I agree, that bugs the heck out of me. For some reason the corporate world has come under the illusion that since the APU is a jet engine then the beacon has to be on. BS.

Only turn on the beacon just prior to engine start. (The ones that provide the thrust)
We turn on our NAV lights when the APU is running, Beacon goes on just before Main Engine Start...

Iflewjetz said:
...wn and try again later. We just leave it running. If in TEB I always put a little extra fuel on for this and many, many other delays that come out of TEB. Anyway, rant is over. Time to think about my beer choices for the noon Clemson Tigers game.

C-L-E-M-S-O-----N

Do the customers pay extra for having the crew there in the jet with the apu running?

2000flyer said:
Just saw this come across a debate on NBAA's discussion board regarding engines or APUs running near the FBO's main door. Is this the reputation FI members want to be known for?

Whether it is what many members here want to accept or not, it is the reputation that the site has..

I like the site, as there is alot of good info here, but often times, the bunk far out weighs the fact..

A typical thread with a serious question can expect between 5-6 smart alec retorts for every 1 decent answered that is gleaned from the question.. However, alot of the "bunk" here makes me grin, so I deal with it.. Water of a ducks back.. :)

AA717driver said:
With the new LCD displays, we aren't even supposed to turn them on unless the temp is 55F or above.

One step forward, 2 steps back.

Do the customers pay extra for having the crew there in the jet with the apu running?

-------------------------------------------------

I am part 91 so we dont have customers for the airplane unless they are with the big wigs.

Last edited:
SCT said:
Is it me or does Hawkers have the loudest dang APU?

Dumbledore- I often wonder about guys/gals who have the beacon on with the APU running.

I'd say the G200 has the loudest APU...for that I apologize. Ultimately I do recognize how annoying it is and try to keep the high flow on (which minimizes exterior noise). With the cost of fuel these days I don't think many of us are running them unnecessarily.

CutEmUp said:
Does anyone think that the challengers engines are quieter than the APU? Thats kind of funny.

Well if the Challenger is equipped like the CRJ-200, then it's because the APU is a Garrett engine. I know what you mean....so freakin' loud!

Latest resources

Back