Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is this the HUGE Southwest announcement?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

Press ReleaseSource: Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Announces New Products
Wednesday November 7, 1:07 pm ET Airline Announces New Fare Products and Rapid Rewards 'A-List'

DALLAS, Nov. 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Need the 8 a.m. to Chicago for a business meeting? Need a great fare for a "girls weekend" to New Orleans? No matter where the business of life takes you, the best way to go is Southwest Airlines. Today, the airline provided an advance peek at its new products and web site features, including new displays, the new "Business Select" fare product, and special offers for the most frequent travelers in the Rapid Rewards frequent flyer program.

In recent months we've announced plans to change how we board our aircraft and the look and feel of our gate areas systemwide -- all to increase Customer productivity and comfort," said Gary Kelly, Southwest Airlines' Chief Executive Officer. "Today, we are announcing additional product changes that transition Southwest from a one-size-fits-all airline to the airline that fits your life. We are offering our Customers exciting improvements to their overall Southwest experience and saving them what they value most -- whether it's money, time, or both."
Southwest Airlines introduced "Business Select" at the Company's headquarters today. It's a new fare that guarantees that the "Business Select" Customer will be among the first to board the aircraft. "Business Select" holders also receive extra Rapid Rewards credit for the flight, and they even get a cocktail on the house!
"We know that our true road warriors want to make traveling on Southwest Airlines as quick and easy as possible, and providing the choice to be among the first to board is key," said Kevin Krone, Southwest Airlines' Vice President of Marketing, Sales, and Distribution. "Southwest is still the low fare leader, and this new product allows Customers the ability to customize their travel and get rewarded for it."
Today, Southwest also debuted the new look of its fare display on the website. Instead of a large display with numerous fare categories, the airline has streamlined the process by bundling its fares into three major fare columns: "Business Select," "Business," and "Wanna Get Away," making it easier for Customers to choose the fare they want.
Additionally, Southwest Airlines unveiled enhancements to its award-winning Rapid Rewards frequent flyer program. Beginning tomorrow, Rapid Rewards Members will be rewarded for their frequent flight activity by jumping to our "A-List." Rapid Rewards Members who have flown 32 one-way flights or 16 roundtrips in 12 months will join our "A-List" where they will be automatically checked in for their flight in advance of departure and will most likely receive an "A" boarding pass.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
If you honestly thought they were going to announce some merger or buyout with Alaska, you were only setting yourself up for disappointment.

News....

The news here is that Gen Lee has no room to criticize a company that knows how to make money every quarter of every year since they were started.

Sounds like jealousy to me.... How's that pension plan working out for you, champ?

-You see, the concept is hard for this guy to understand, but successful companies don't have to give their executives "bankruptcy-proof" pensions right before they screw tens of thousands of employees and hundreds of thousands of stockholders!

When has there EVER been a build up to a "HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT" that has ever panned out.

Normally its simply something pathetic like new service to South Bend or That you will now get 3 cubes of ice with you Pepsi vs the 2 they used to give you.

Interesting. Like when we were the biggest Crown Royal distributor in the United States. Lets see.......Company buys premium ticket, businessman uses ticket, businessman gets free drink, double Points, quicker free tickets, and "A" group.

Wise move I think. That's what I like about us, we're always tinking. Like T.O. says, "I loves me some me."

Sorry... I just thought Pepsi had better flow with the post...I fly for a Coke airline as well!

Latest resources

Back