Is this move a career killer???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On Your Six said:
I don't think it will hurt you at all. Let me guess, you figured out that the people at Emirates weren't keeping their word on their initial promises.... I think we will see many people returning from the desert very soon...

Uh Oh, we actually had a few pilots form AirTran go there, including one fairly senior 737 Captain. Wonder if they will be regretting it.

The main question I would ask myself is........

"If I have to stay where I am for 10 years can I be happy?"

Gup

Sounds like it might actually help you in the end when you have 'tons' of good HR stories to tell in an interview. This will help you get into the heads of the HR folks and actually gain some simpathy and hopefully the job!!

Baja.

Ty Webb said:
Seriously, with your experience, if you are going to make the change, why not find a decent 91 or 135 jet job or fly for a supplemental US carrier?

Thanks for the idea. He's considered finding another jet job but changing jobs quickly is important. Also, he believes the schedule and especially the base of the turboprop job will make it difficult for 91/135/supplemental jet jobs to compete on lifestyle issues.

The shine wears off a heavy jet cockpit quite quickly, then all you're left with is the lifestyle afforded by the company. If that lifestyle makes you miserable, quit and don't look back.

Life is too short to spend it living in a GD airplane.

greenDOG said:
Anybody have an opinion on this situation???

A pilot is flying widebody jets internationally for a foreign carrier. He already has about 6000 total time, >1000 PIC small jet, and >500 SIC widebody. Do you think it would greatly hurt his chances of being offered an interview by a major US cargo or passenger airline in the future if he leaves his widebody job to accept a job offer flying single-pilot, IFR, Part 135 cargo in small turboprop aircraft? of getting hired by a major US air carrier in the future? ... or greatly delay it?

In my opinion it's not the best situation to be in. It's going to be a magnet for the HR people. They will keep coming back to it. Why did you leave? Did they ask you o resign, etc...

If your going to do it have your ducks in a row, you might want to go to something like cage consulting and test out your stories on someone before you go to the big interview.

Latest resources

Back