• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is this Appropriate?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My brother was in the special olympics, and although it's not PC, I found it funny. I felt a bit guilty, but you gotta admit it is funny!

I think Cat Yaaak's remark was funnier than the pic itself :D :D

72Longhorn

Very poor taste. RT should be ashamed of yourself, but I know you are not.

I probably should. I don't take it the way most folks seem to though. I take it as making fun of folks like me who debate a thing or three on the internet. I would not advocate making fun of the mentally or physically retarded. And just how do you know that I wouldn't be ashamed of myself?

RT

At least he's out there running, which I need to do more often.

As for my retarded brother, he rarely exerts himself, and it shows.

As for the internet, we are participating, which is what the special olympics is about. The retarded kids are better for their "olympic" experience, and I like to think that we come away from this message board having gained a little insight from our visits.

Even so, after a couple of hours at the computer, I start to feel a little like my brother...

rumpletumbler said:
And just how do you know that I wouldn't be ashamed of myself?

RT

I don't know, but I just based my statement on your follow up post:

rumpletumbler said:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

hahahahaha

aaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha

(snicker)

haha

hahahahaha

ahaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha

RT

I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that you thought it was still funny. That's all.

Not only was this NOT funny but it also shows that you have very little IF any class- Laughing at someone who was born with a mental and physical disorder shows you have problems of your own.

not funny folks. VERY tacky to say the least.

3 5 0

Could any of us experience such pure, simple, innocent and unadulterated joy from something so simple?

I respectfiully submit that there is doubt regarding who it actually is that has the handicap.

OK, I thought it was funny in a perverse way (I am officially reprimanding myself) and you have to admit there is a little truth in it. And Brother Francis leaves us with a valuable thought also.
j

Last edited:
Oh, I see. I thought we were laughing at the analogy. Some of you thought I was laughing at that child giving everything he has to a race.

This thread just about sums it all up, doesn't it?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back