Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IS the SOUTHWEST FURLOUGH RUMOR TRUE????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Whataburger,

With the furlough just around the corner does that mean another canoe trip? Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

Deal. When I get furloughed we'll canoe the ole' Miss from Minnesota to the Gulf of Texas. Deeeeeeeee-eeep River!! Then we'll do the Amazon, where ever that is. Can ya hook me up with a travel pass for my soon-to-be unemployeed a$$?

I never once thought you bashed swa and for a third time dont care if you do. You didnt have facts and were to stupid to get your own answer from your question. I am sure you fly a MD11. So microsoft2000 has an MD11. Thats why with 80+ post you only have 145 listed. As for the name it was the name of a dog I owned idiot. It was in tribute to a great dog that I put down about the time I joined FI.

Last edited:
nope you were too dumb to see i was inquiring and took it as bashing...........and the facts i stated are true facts, its the rumor that came from the facts..... trust me i didnt bash SWA and never will, i have a bunch of buddys there and yes i got my 737 type and was hired..... but a cargo outfit called and offered me a class first..... not ill will, its just fits my life better and i enjoy international flying a lot more... doing a 6 day trip to SYD with a 75hr layover and watching movies there and back is more my speed for life......

It seems like everyone posting about "just want to know if SWA will furlough" is actually hoping it will happen, What the F*ck?? No one in this post has asked like they care other than to see SWA burn.

The next one of you chuckleheads (that supposedly works at a 121 carrier) that points-out rising fuel, bad economy, etc., better wake-up. You might hate SWA, the pilots, the culture (CO or UAL is great if you forget about the "other hired pilots"), or poolies, but we are all in a lot of trouble if they start furloughing.

If SWA starts to go down, anyone with a low number at ANY 121 carrier is screwed. People like to point-out "hedging", but at least SWA didn't hedge their employees (and anyone could make some cute post about how they cheated, MX saved them, blah, blah, blah,). The posting people that want to "educate, or cut people off from Kool-Aid" have either never worked at a 121 carrier, or were lucky enough to be WAAAAYYYY senior when that went down. Either they are not real 121 pilots, or they are posers. I've seen a furlough, flowback, terminated flowthrough, etc., but I've never wished a fellow aviator would lose their job.

Last edited:
Oh this is priceless.....A swa pilot posting an article about another airline going off the end of a runway!
Holy hypocrisy!

Just trying to make a point that in the last couple of weeks we slide a nosewheel off a taxiway, and a thread goes on for a week. Other airlines in the last two weeks don't have a chance to make the taxiway and it goes unnoticed, just curious why?

Is that an L-10 in you avatar? So you're saying that a Delta pilot cant post anything about windshear?

Just trying to make a point that in the last couple of weeks we slide a nosewheel off a taxiway, and a thread goes on for a week. Other airlines in the last two weeks don't have a chance to make the taxiway and it goes unnoticed, just curious why?
Its all about Southwest, remember?

Is that an L-10 in you avatar?
Yes.

So you're saying that a Delta pilot cant post anything about windshear?

I don't understand your point. Nevertheless, you've seen all the Delta bashing going on this forum!

Its all about Southwest, remember?

Yes.

I don't understand your point. Nevertheless, you've seen all the Delta bashing going on this forum!

All about SWA? Says who? Aside from this last week's revelation, we've done okay therefore making everyone want to shoot us out of the saddle instead of being okay with it or happy for us.
The point was that B.S. happens to all of us, and the only threads/news that goes on forever is ours. Just curious why.

On another note, how do you split up quotes like that?

On another note, how do you split up quotes like that?

Its easy, just click the text quote button, which is the second from the right (next to <>)on the bottom to break it up
insert text inbetween the <quote> </quote>replacing <> with []
Any other question, please feel free to pm me. I'm always glad to help.

Latest resources

Back