• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Spirit released?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is you MEC going to attend super mediation, or decline the invite?
The MEC has had virtually no Communication with the pilot group. We are waiting patiently for any kind of word. There has some kind of comm lock down. It seems that committees have broken down.

The MEC has had virtually no Communication with the pilot group. We are waiting patiently for any kind of word. There has some kind of comm lock down. It seems that committees have broken down.

I don't see a comm lockdown. I do see an inadequate level of communication during a critical time, but they do put out an occasional AMES message so there is no lockdown.

I might agree that there has been some sort of committee breakdown. The MEC Chair must be overloaded right now, he needs support from Comm, Family Awareness, etc and we haven't seen anything from Comm in like, years. In those positions it is altogether too easy to fall into the New York media trap; you are surrounded by like thinkers and you lose touch with "flyover country" or the rank and file if you will. To make matters worse, in those positions, you never hear from people with solutions, just problems. The complainers outnumber the thinkers by about 100 to 1. All in all, it is easy to lose contact with the line guys. In our case, it appears that the line is getting uneasy just about the time we need to get strong. Timely information would be like oil on the water.

I'd like to see much more info come out regarding strike prep and the strike survival.

Enigma, my entire family and I are behind you and thinking of you and your fellow pilots in this pivotal time - stay strong brother...........

Well I couldnt have put it any better than enigma. I would like to add that PH has put out emails and always answers his phone or calls back at the very least.

The MEC has had virtually no Communication with the pilot group.

Bro, ... Is your email working? How can you say this?

Today we got released. Guess what? There is a union email in my mail box about it only hours after the fact. Last week I got another one, I believe on the same day when the board offered proffer.

I have been receiving a steady stream of emails for quite a while now. Unfortunately since not much was happening, other than waiting, there was nothing to write about. Unless you are like my wife, who wants me to call her to confirm that there is nothing going on, I do not see why you would want any more communication.

Ohhh and there was a conference call I have listened into as well. They have also distributed a strike manual. Tomorrow we have picketing.

Sounds good to me.

If you think they should have told us exact details about negotiations like at Airtran. Well. you can argue that both ways. I see that they had a very good reason why they have not and that is fine with me.

It's been quite some time since we've had an airline strike. Comair pre-9/11 if I recall. With that said, how much does ALPA pay it's members to offset the loss of compensation?

It's been quite some time since we've had an airline strike. Comair pre-9/11 if I recall. With that said, how much does ALPA pay it's members to offset the loss of compensation?

Its only like 1500-1700/month. And that doesn't start till 30 days into the strike. So is kinda moot, since Spirit would"nt last that long of a strike. So we'll get nothing!!! I say we will strike, and will last 1 hour. Any takers?!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back