• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Skywest hiring street Capt's??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is the forecast for hiring at SkyWest anyway? And how possible is it for a Jr pilot to get Monterey for a base?

As a former ASA pilot (left in 2000 as a Capt) and Furloughed American pilot who spent 5 years in the 135 Hell, I'm thinking about dropping gear on an RJ again.. Do they give preference to CRJ experience, etc..

What is the forecast for hiring at SkyWest anyway? And how possible is it for a Jr pilot to get Monterey for a base?

As a former ASA pilot (left in 2000 as a Capt) and Furloughed American pilot who spent 5 years in the 135 Hell, I'm thinking about dropping gear on an RJ again.. Do they give preference to CRJ experience, etc..
Last I heard (about 3 weeks ago) the plans are for 50-70/month until late spring - at least. You'll almost definately get the CRJ. Upgrade has been dipping just below 2 years on the RJ and 7 months for the Bro. Who knows how long that will last....

I'll make ya a deal - I'll help you get on here if you help me on at AA (whenever it is they hire again) ;)

Hey Grunt.. Sure thing.. but I'm being told 2-3 years before American hires again (wiled guess a senior capt there I know just gave me)..

So how do I apply? I can't seem to find a way via their website..

Thank Bluto.. I just filled one out, and added my resume.. I also called over and left a voicemail with pilot recruiting.. my only minus is I've not flown in 24 months.. (I did a recurrent 12 months ago in the Citation X, but that's it).. I hope that doesn't kill me.. But heck, I'd be more than happy to rend out a seneca and fly a few hours in it if that's what it takes.

oh well.. we do what we can in this world.

so where did the skywest are scabs come from? to me there a quality group, and if you live out west then its a good place to be, and they have cookies!

Buyagoat:

Buyagrammaraddon. WTF.

Latest resources

Back