Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taco Bell is awesome. The Taco Bell's here on campus have what are called "Longhorn Combos" - basically a meal with the drink for $2.45. Now that's economy eating!

I think a CFI had posted the perfect meal(s) on here.

Cup-o-noodle or Ramen cup for lunch. Just eat the noodles and save the water/soup.

Reheat the water w/ some noodles from the store for dinner.

Total cost was under a buck!

Now *thats* cheap eating. It'll kill you and give you colon cancer 30 years from now, but who wants to live once you've retired, RIGHT? :)

Current P-F-T thread

Falcon Capt said:
JetPilot500 is a BAD MAN for starting this thread! :eek:

Just wait until the next time I fly with him! ;)
Yes . . . he . . . . is . . . .

JetPilot500 is a BAD MAN for starting this thread!

Come on now fellas... You guys LOVE these threads. If you're a pilot and you aren't bitchin about something, you aren't living!

Falcon Capt said:
JetPilot500 is a BAD MAN for starting this thread! :eek:

Just wait until the next time I fly with him! ;)

Oh C'mon guys, you know this is fun! What else would we be doing?

JetPilot500

Note to self: Wear cup to work next time I fly with Falcon Capt!

Gulfstream defenders

N9103M said:
C'mon guys......Like I said before this is a dead issue that has been debated for years now. There is not much reason to continue bashing PFT so harshly. Few pilots on this board speak out for PFT.
The reason being, of course, is they don't want to admit that they did it, that they got a job by paying for it.

To give you a related example, how do you like it when you meet someone, start talking with him/her, and the person admits he/she got an interview because he/she knows the Chief Pilot? After you've been working your a$$ off sending resumes and updates to the same company, and looking for and locating someone you know who could walk in your materials? You know the feeling you get in the pit of your stomach? That's what I call frustrating. Not to mention the 300-hour wonders who get on with a major(s).

Why should he "mumble" his GIA background to those who ask him who he flew for prior to Pinnacle? Flying for Gulfstream got him where he is now but only by making sacrifices just like every other junior pilot at a small regional. I personally know him and he and I both put in long hours studying and he taught be much of what I know about the 1900. He made equal sacrifices to that of anyone who did not pay-for-training.
Well, the violin bows are rising up and down in unison. What kind of sacrifices? To be invited to class to any regional is a privilege. That's my .02 opinion, born out of effort (or spinning my wheels) of trying to secure such an opportunity. Once more, opportunity, and invitation.

The man was hired at a young age to teach 1900 simulator to people twice his age. He would stay up long hours for crappy pay. Just like any of your Cessna 152 CFI's.
I would have loved an opportunity like that, having instructed for 3565 hours. What an opportunity to hone your understanding of the LOFT and procedures. Are you implying that the older Gulfstream pilots did not show your friend respect? Now, if so, they were wrong.

The funny thing is that the people who convinced me to attend GIA and pay my 18,000 were not employees of thier company. They were captains at ASA, Delta, United... I would ask them thier opinions and they all gave me a thumbs up to attend.
What I found curious about some airline captains is they are in a cocoon on many issues. I remember when the airspace designations changed in 1992-'93. I talked to one and he could have cared less. Maybe it was my flight instructing me, but changing airspace designations seems rather significant. Many airline captains haven't a clue, sometimes, about aviation issues that are outside of their own little worlds.
I'm sure that many thousands of pilots would love to get a GIA grad in thier cockpit to take a cheap shot at him for the sole fact that be flew 250 hours for GIA.
Really??!!?? I would think that they would have other, more important, things to think about than waiting for the day for an ex-Gulfstreamer to grace their cockpit.

When people come on the board asking for advice and I give it, I always wish them luck with their decision. One thing I learned about this business, and especially when making important, life-altering decisions, is so much of it is based on incomplete, or inaccurate, or undocumented information. Or rumors, especially. Or opinions. Absent objective information, you can only gather as much information as possible, gather as many opinions as possible, try to ferret out a consensus, consider it carefully, and make your decision. In aviation, you can make a career decision and it will probably be wrong. So, luck is needed. Some people have decided on Gulfstream. There is no way to know if they went through this kind of decision-making process or if some salesman swayed them and preyed upon their impatience. Having said all that, I wish them luck with their decisions. And, once again, to thine ownself be true.

Last edited:
The reason being, of course, is they don't want to admit that they did it, that they got a job by paying for it

This is very true, many will deny that they paid until they are caught in thier own lie. I see no merit for anyone trying to hide that they paid. When asked if I paid to get in at GIA, I and others like CRJ200FO do tell the truth.

Well, the violin bows are rising up and down in unison. What kind of sacrifices? To be invited to class to any regional is a privilege. That's my .02 opinion, born out of effort (or spinning my wheels) of trying to secure such an opportunity. Once more, opportunity, and invitation.

What kind of sacrifices? Long hours, crappy pay, endless studying. Those are sacrifices my friend. You are correct that being invited is a privilege, but that goes only so far as hard work is the only thing that will get you the rest of the way home.

I would have loved an opportunity like that, having instructed for 3565 hours. What an opportunity to hone your understanding of the LOFT and procedures. Are you implying that the older Gulfstream pilots did not show your friend respect? Now, if so, they were wrong.

Yes, he was presented with an awesome opportunity. And many did not appreciate his effort. A situation I myself am also in now.

What I found curious about some airline captains is they are in a cocoon on many issues. I remember when the airspace designations changed in 1992-'93. I talked to one and he could have cared less. Maybe it was my flight instructing me, but changing airspace designations seems rather significant. Many airline captains haven't a clue, sometimes, about aviation issues that are outside of their own little worlds.

How true that is Bobby. It was only later on after I made my descision, that I realized how sheltered they were to the major issues surrounding aviation. Outside of Union politics and scope issues, they were blind to issues that face the pilots of smaller national and regional airlines. Like I said, if a little better educated, I may have chose a different path.

Really??!!?? I would think that they would have other, more important, things to think about than waiting for the day for an ex-Gulfstreamer to grace their cockpit.

One may hope so, but if you look at some of the past posts on PFT people go as far as saying just that. "I can't wait to get a GIA resume on my desk so I can shred it." It is that childish attitude that I am referring to. If people wish to discuss it with an good attitude like yourself and FalconCapt have, I would share a beer (or root beer I guess...:D ) with you anytime and discuss aviation issues.

-03M

That's why I like your posts bobby. You don't slam anyone. And to my co-worker former GIA pilot...I was told that after you guys interviewed at 9E you still had to drop like 7K. I stand corrected. Enjoy the line.

Rook

600' AGL Autopilot on.
'WHEW!'

9103M, you say RJFO earned his job under his own merit. Funny. he bought his job at GIFS(Since they arent really an airline, according to you guys) and this b/c of the aggreement with Pinnacle his is there now. Make no mistake about it, he is not there because he is the best darn 800 hour pilot out there.

How can you been so ok with yourself when you are screwing fellow aviators because you dont want to work your way through the system.

The reason your friends that are UAL capt dont care, is b/c what you dont doesnt effect them! thats not hard to figure out. If your number one at XXXMainline airline, what else do you have to worry about! Who you and CRJFO are screwing are the people who are furloughed and cant get a job anywhere b.c they are taking by people willing to pay for jobs. How can you have such a good conscience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back