• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
KingAirer,

Funny how we butt heads again. You are missing the entire point. CRJ200FO did earn his job. Pinnacle's Chief Pilot and head of recruiting did his interview and chose him to come to thier airline. The fact that he "bought" 250 hours of 1900 time I know for a fact was not the deciding factor. He is an excellent talented pilot who earned his job through the same dang interview available to off the street guys. What you keep failing to understand is that nor I or CRJFO will just sit there and take your comments and go "Geez....I'm such an a$$hole for going to Gulfstream." If you make a descision in your life even an uneducated one, you better be able to stand up for it no matter what the consequenses. And that is what we are doing. Other people on this board can make educated comments, but you seem bent on trashing those who decided to PFT. Get a life.

If it makes you feel any better, I finished my 250 and Colgan dosen't return my calls. You want to be in my shoes? You Think I feel really dang good about my descision right now? Ponder that for awhile. Go take cheap shots at another pilot group.

Make no mistake about it, he is not there because he is the best darn 800 hour pilot out there

What should he or I do? Bow down to your obviously superior flying skills and say "Please take my job....I am not worthy! I paid for training!" "He is the superior 800-hour pilot!" Gimme a break.

-03M

N9103M & CRJ200FO...

I was curious...

You both were in such a hurry to buy 250 hours of 1900 time to get ahead, did you bother to complete the one thing that will get you ahead in the long run... a 4 year college degree?

Falcon Capt said:
N9103M & CRJ200FO...

I was curious...

You both were in such a hurry to buy 250 hours of 1900 time to get ahead, did you bother to complete the one thing that will get you ahead in the long run... a 4 year college degree?

I'm working on mine. I've got around 40 credit hours. I'll have it finished long before the majors start hiring again.

FalconCapt-

Yes you noticed that we probaly don't have our degrees. Which is true. But both of us are taking extended campus classes while we are flying. I know that time in the logbook looks good, but getting my degree is very important to me. I know I will need one to progress further in the industry. I plan to hopefully have mine finished right before my 23rd birthday.

Geez- y'all don't miss a beat do ya?:D ;) \

-03M

End of the line at 250 (P-F-T) Hours?

Originally posted by N9103M
. . . If it makes you feel any better, I finished my 250 and Colgan dosen't return my calls. You want to be in my shoes? You Think I feel really dang good about my descision right now? Ponder that for awhile. Go take cheap shots at another pilot group.
(emphasis added)
And, therein, lies the rub.

I believe that so many people opt for P-F-T because they feel that they will get a leg up on the rest of us poor schmoos who toil to build hours.

Once more, part of the P-F-T analysis must include whether you'll really come out ahead after you do your 250 hour hitch. Let's say you start at Gulfstream as an ab initio student. At the end you might come out with maybe 900 hours. Sure, 250 of those hours are 121 "time." But, you're still far below the mins for most commuters - even such places as SkyWest and Mesa, who require (have required) 1000 total and 100 of multi. I understand that most commuters now require 1200 total and 200 of multi (compare that to twelve years ago when most required 1500 total-500 multi and an ATP).

In any event, although you have this excellent 121 SIC time, you must still build hours to meet normal mins. So, how are you going to do that?? Circle back around and get your CFI?? I recall reading one ex-Gulfstream poster who said the school took him back after he did his hitch. Can you count on that? I wouldn't. In the meantime, you may have to do non-121 flying for a year to build your time. And, your 121 recency will perish.

Just another point to consider.

And, sure, Mr. N9103M, I'll have a (diet root) beer with you, anytime. I greatly appreciate your comment about how sheltered many airline captains are.

I absolutely second Falcon Capt.'s recommendation about getting the degree. No matter if you claw your way up or P-F-T, your chances at the next level will improve greatly if you have the degree. Take a look at the typical major airline app. It makes a big deal about the degree. I remember the old United blacken-the-ovals form. It made a big deal about the degree.

Thanks for the insightful comments Bobby, they are always welcome. I think we can put this thread to bed now.

--03M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back