• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Is JetBlue actively interviewing and hiring?

planedriver

Total Time
I know that they have been taking some from their pool but are they interviewing and hiring more? Their website still says due to high fuel prices they have stopped hiring but I just got an email about a FltOps career fair next weekend and it makes it sound like they are actively looking for more pilots.

hou757

Total Time
much
I know that they have been taking some from their pool but are they interviewing and hiring more? Their website still says due to high fuel prices they have stopped hiring but I just got an email about a FltOps career fair next weekend and it makes it sound like they are actively looking for more pilots.

I saw this too. It also says their min's are 1500 hrs. Can that be true?

Splert

PoipuBayResort15thTBox
Total Time
We are actively hiring a VP of Flight Operations. I suggest you think of a great TMAT when you were the VP of Flight Operations and you had a conflict with the Founder/CEO during an ice storm.

FADEC

Total Time
9000 +
I hear JetBlue is only interested in Cape Air pilots...

Whilst you know that you're statement is not true I would suggest that you take a season in Boston and fly for Cape Air just to see how challenging their work environment really is. I have nothing but respect for those guys and have little doubt that they would eventually make a good contribution to our pilot group. I bet their instrument skills are sharper than ours.

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi!

I think the majority of Cape Air pilots are either staying there because they like it, or they are going back to the major they are furloughed from.

I, on the other hand, would love to go to JetBlue. I know one guy there, but we never flew together (same co.). I think my average trip length would be less than 165 days.

cliff
NBO

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
Whilst you know that you're statement is not true I would suggest that you take a season in Boston and fly for Cape Air just to see how challenging their work environment really is. I have nothing but respect for those guys and have little doubt that they would eventually make a good contribution to our pilot group. I bet their instrument skills are sharper than ours.

C'mon guys. It was just a joke. I thought the Cape Air pilots had a special agreement with JetBlue? Did it get cancelled? Lighten up blue dudes!

hou757

Total Time
much
So back to his original question. Are they currently hiring and are the min's really 1500 like posted on the flight ops web site?

Total Time
16000+
I have not heard anything about actively hiring at this moment. Last I heard there were classes until April of this year for the 190. Heard rumors that things are stagnant after that but nothing official.

I heard from a friend at X-jet that JB will be at a job fair in Dallas. I am not sure when. That could be a positive sign but I am not sure.

Good luck!

johnboy99

Total Time
C'mon guys. It was just a joke. I thought the Cape Air pilots had a special agreement with JetBlue? Did it get cancelled? Lighten up blue dudes!

Its not so much that people need to lighten up as it is nobody gets your remedial sense of humor. You are the only one who thinks your funny.

I know JB is not actively hiring now but might run classes later (late fall) this year. I know most if not all the pool (those who chose to come) got emptied with all the classes earlier this year.

atpcliff

Total Time
Hi!

I went to the website yesterday and it said no resumes/hiring.

cliff
NBO

Wheres the van?

Total Time
Friend of a friend of a friend quoted V.K. as saying no new interviews until Oct.First class early 2010 continuing on for the forseeable future from there.

Captainzero1

Total Time

Cape Air Pilots rock. They are far superior pilots than us jet jocks right know because they do more with less. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

BeachBummer

Total Time
.71yrs
I saw this too. It also says their min's are 1500 hrs. Can that be true?

Ah yes the other side of the fence is that 1500 hours for an F-16,15,18 guy is alot or at the very least 6-8 years worth. Not everyone gets to fly 900 hours a year in the super saab!

So anyhow, they'll be going to the fair, but as said before no "planned" classes until winter/spring of 10'. Wish they would hire fast and many get my lazy A$$ off the bottom.

Last edited:

Headfake14

646 3A
Total Time
10000+
heard maybe...maybe a 100 or so near the end of the year to staff for deliveries in early 2010