Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is it really the fault of the passenger?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I listed for the jumpseat CLT-GNV, wearing khakis, black dress shoes, and collared shirt. Gate agent told me I wasnt allowed to jumpseat since I was not in uniform.

After a gate change the captain came through the terminal, and I mentioned to him I was trying to jumpseat and the gate agent had issue with my clothes. He made a funny face and said "you're fine". After the pax boarded he came out to make sure I wasnt getting hassled by the gate agent.

Unfortunately, it seems the most professional employees are the ones with the least amount of passenger contact.

You don't like it, drive! ;)

(that's just my dig on a guy who posted that as a response to my story up there in the other thread, of course it's lame.. customers 1st.. that should be the attitude).

Well......

Coming from someone who is a big enough idiot to have worked for SKYBUS..... Coupled with actually residing in HPN....

I would say that maybe the normal people just picked up on what a damn moron you are and started treating you like the obvious afflicted retard you must certainly be.

-SKYBUS? Really?
-"Let's light this candle..."

Well......

Coming from someone who is a big enough idiot to have worked for SKYBUS..... Coupled with actually residing in HPN....

I would say that maybe the normal people just picked up on what a damn moron you are and started treating you like the obvious afflicted retard you must certainly be.

-SKYBUS? Really?
-"Let's light this candle..."

Such an nice and eloquent retort... makes your dick feel bigger to talk so tough? I'll bet you're a blast to go on a 4 day with.

I worked with some of the best guys in the industry at SX, and the only reason that place failed was the idiots at the top who squandered it! I'm proud of the guys I flew with, proud of our efforts to bring on the IBT in record time to remedy the problems in management and proud of what could have been if the company's founder was the one who ran it. There is a lot that went down that you will never know and it's better kept off public message boards.

I'm sure you're going to come back at me now with more flame and insult. Go on, it's a good ego boost and makes you feel better about the crappy turn your career has taken you on.

Such an nice and eloquent retort... makes your dick feel bigger to talk so tough? I'll bet you're a blast to go on a 4 day with.

I worked with some of the best guys in the industry at SX, and the only reason that place failed was the idiots at the top who squandered it! I'm proud of the guys I flew with, proud of our efforts to bring on the IBT in record time to remedy the problems in management and proud of what could have been if the company's founder was the one who ran it. There is a lot that went down that you will never know and it's better kept off public message boards.

I'm sure you're going to come back at me now with more flame and insult. Go on, it's a good ego boost and makes you feel better about the crappy turn your career has taken you on.

Oh Right-

I almost forgot about the way you all flew practically for free-enabling some moron to run away with EVEN MORE MONEY!

There is never any shortage of people willing to whore themselves out for nothing to engage in their hobby.

You certainly could not call it a profession if your compensation is shiny little beads and worthless stock options.

Thanks or lowering the bar once again, and showing the world what whores pilots are. It is no secret that some people will fly for dog food if they get to be seen in a "shiny new plane."

-We all appreciate your help in lowering the standard once more for the whole industry. If you don't need the money, go do something else to occupy yourself. May I suggest a career as a "fluffer?" Just ask Gen Lee-he can tell you all about it-maybe get a blister on your little finger...maybe get a blister on your thumb....

-BTW-Your communist airport at HPN is an insult to all that is good and decent in the universe!

A) I don't fly out of HPN

B) We lowered no bar... ALPA and the concessions of 2001-2004 did that well before

C) We had IBT there with an 80% vote count inside of 1 year to send the message... WE did it, not the pilots before us some decades ago!

D) Lay off the booze, take a chill pill and GO AWAY!

Pasengers is stoopid and if you think taking care of them is important than you is even stoopider.

Customer service is the problem?

Maybe a factor, but certainly not the underlying problem.

The problem is that ALL airlines today are now essentially low cost carriers. Don't agree? I don't care how you put it. "Legacy" carriers have become LCCs in markets where they are in direct competition with the "LCCs". All airlines try and get the lowest possible fare so that they can have the "lowest price" because history has shown that customers don't generally care what airline they fly unless someone else is paying the tab. This had led to the decline of services and benefits that used to be included in an airline fare, and to a big extent, includes customer service.

The reason that airlines believe they need the lowest price is due to history and statistics. Anyone buying a ticket for themselves 99% of the time will pay for the lowest airfare to get to their destination. The decision has essentially become "Which bus do I take... the red bus or the grey bus?" Well the red bus is cheaper, so I might as well take that one, even if it smells and will take me an extra hour to get there. Most of the airline pilots I know will even buy a ticket on ANOTHER airline when they go on vacation since the fare will be cheaper.

Well since the bar has been lowered, there is hardly a market for a higher quality product, airline employees salaries have been lowered which attract a lower quality of individual to apply and stay at the airlines.

And everyone knows, you get what you pay for... So, is this the fault of the employees? Nope. People generally will not change their personalities just because they get a paycheck.

However, if the money and QOL are out there, the job will attract employees with the ability to provide good customer service.

I've only been working for the airlines for less than a year and a vast majority of older flight attendants (even pilots for that matter) tend to have a chip on their shoulder. Maybe that chip was cut off when pay checks were cut, I'm not sure. But it's there...

You don't get rid of that chip by "beating your employees till the morale improves."

Good and informative post Juntin, agree.

Latest resources

Back