Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:facepalm:

Do whatever you want...its your life.

I agree with N1Vibs. Until they announce furloughs would it even become an issue. If they do furlough, then most would agree that open time pickup is not the best idea with your brothers on the street.

It's immoral and unethical to pick up any open time while pilots are furloughed. It's equivalent to spitting in a furloughed pilot's face!

Right there with ya. Until the last AWAC guy is back off the street, I wont pick up an hour anywhere. I used to think that was universally known, but from what I have seen, more people are doing it now then ever.

Only if you're a senior captain or FO at Comair.
The last flight I flew I asked the captain "what happened to your last FO" ...."He went home, he just picked up the last 2 days in open time". He said it like it was no big deal, where as I replied "Oh, that's nice. I'm getting laid off and azz clown is helping out the company"

Just curious about this. Lets say the company gets all the voluntary furloughs they need. So the only ones on the street would be there because they want to be there, not because the company put them there. Should you pick up open time then? Not really sure how I feel about this. To be honest, in 21 years in this business, I've never heard of "voluntary furloughs" with no definate recall date, so don't know of any guidelines to cover this situation.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning...
You know, that gasoline smell.......
smells like....
VICTORYYYYYY
:bomb:

Just curious about this. Lets say the company gets all the voluntary furloughs they need. So the only ones on the street would be there because they want to be there, not because the company put them there. Should you pick up open time then? Not really sure how I feel about this. To be honest, in 21 years in this business, I've never heard of "voluntary furloughs" with no definate recall date, so don't know of any guidelines to cover this situation.

After being in the business for 21 years, it's best to remove your head from your butt.
You're a filthy pig to pick up open time while guys are on the street regardless.

After being in the business for 21 years, it's best to remove your head from your butt.
You're a filthy pig to pick up open time while guys are on the street regardless.

Look a$$hole, I was just asking the damn question. I don't pick up up open time regardless of furloughs or not. We already have COLA's up to a year, so I'm not sure if voluntary furloughs are any big difference. I just think there might be some people who might want the open time, but are not sure about this voluntary furlough, COLA situation. Any other smart a$$ remarks?

Look a$$hole, I was just asking the damn question. I don't pick up up open time regardless of furloughs or not. We already have COLA's up to a year, so I'm not sure if voluntary furloughs are any big difference. I just think there might be some people who might want the open time, but are not sure about this voluntary furlough, COLA situation. Any other smart a$$ remarks?
Not sure where to begin.
Oh, other than 21 years in the industry and you don't have an ounce of common sense as what to do.
What else are you confused on?
-Should you not pay the airline to fly the airplane?
-If the pilots are on strike, should you continue to fly?
Want me to continue?

Not sure where to begin.
Oh, other than 21 years in the industry and you don't have an ounce of common sense as what to do.
What else are you confused on?
-Should you not pay the airline to fly the airplane?
-If the pilots are on strike, should you continue to fly?
Want me to continue?

Tell me oh wise one. We already have and have had for a few months a Company Offered Leave of Absense. Several pilots have taken this option for a month at a time. Should anyone pick up open time now while thes pilots are on COLA? Just a yes or no answer will be fine, or feel free to enlighten us with more of your wisdom (or smart a$$ remarks), as you deem appropriate.

Latest resources

Back