• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is it appropriate to pick up open time at EV

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell me oh wise one. We already have and have had for a few months a Company Offered Leave of Absense. Several pilots have taken this option for a month at a time. Should anyone pick up open time now while thes pilots are on COLA? Just a yes or no answer will be fine, or feel free to enlighten us with more of your wisdom (or smart a$$ remarks), as you deem appropriate.
NO and EAT ********************!

I picked up open time before furloughs and I will pick it up after. If you apply the logic I am hearing here we should never pick up open time. What about the new hires that could be hired? What about your reserve "brothers" who, if we never picked up open time, might have a line and be able to break 75 hours? I am so completely tired of the mob-like mentality of unions.

No one is forcing anyone to pick up open time, but no one should try to strong arm someone into not picking it up either.

shelton said:
I am so completely tired of the mob-like mentality of unions.

And there's yer unity, folks...a strong scent of hyperbole mixed in with a "I'm getting mine".

For me personally, I'm against working one minute more than I'm awarded on the final schedule, as long as there is anyone not working that wants to work. Furloughs mean no open time pickups, plain and simple.

With the voluntary COMAs and LOAs happening, I've no problem picking up the open time.

For me, it's just the right thing to do.

I'll be picking up some right away! Had I been furloughed at that age, it would have been an opportunity, not a prison sentence. Maybe they'll smarten up and find a real job. In the mean time, I have some bills to pay.

I'll be picking up some right away! Had I been furloughed at that age, it would have been an opportunity, not a prison sentence. Maybe they'll smarten up and find a real job. In the mean time, I have some bills to pay.

Your furloughed pilots friends have some bills to pay too!! But with you and your buddies picking up overtime - guess they are SOL coming back! I know - its a me culture. Its hard to ask people to make small sacrifices..

I picked up open time before furloughs and I will pick it up after. If you apply the logic I am hearing here we should never pick up open time. What about the new hires that could be hired? What about your reserve "brothers" who, if we never picked up open time, might have a line and be able to break 75 hours? I am so completely tired of the mob-like mentality of unions.

No one is forcing anyone to pick up open time, but no one should try to strong arm someone into not picking it up either.

No, your logic is flawed. Folks in the hiring pool have other jobs and these "reserve brothers" couldn't care less about breaking guarantee right now.

What you do at work, home, church, or the voting polls is none of my business and frankly, I just don't care. Still, you will never see devote an extra minute of my time beyond my obligation with the company while there are folks getting canned and it's not because the union, jobless, or FI.com said it was wrong.

I expect NOTHING from anybody but myself.

-Brett

Latest resources

Back