• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Frontier Still Hiring Pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WTF? Hold at risk? How does the F9 pilot group "have something of the company's that they can hold at risk" Should we sneak into the A concourse and steal the q400's and then hide them all over the country?

I'm not going to sit here and give you the roadmap for how to do it. But there are ways.

Mostly, it is a function of leverage. FRNT has invested in Lynx. A lot. They aren't going to walk away from that bet. Therefore, I'm submitting that the F9 pilot group manage that.

The F9 pilot group is going to write a contract for another airline? Think about that for second, if you were a lynx pilot, would you allow another airline to come in and write a contract for you, and the only goal of that new contract would be to limit your growth. Riggghhhtt. Lets get started on that tomorrow morning. First thing.

I don't know what your experience with working without a contract, but the Lynx guys will get a taste soon. They won't like it.

Offer a flowback/flowthough, and create a situation where you aren't building your own ghetto in Lynx.

[/quote]

You almost removed your head from your arse long enough to stop typing nonsense, buy you apparently couldn't control your self and just kept on making sh1t up. The current CBA explicitly restricts not only the number of jet aircraft at lynx but also the size of those aircraft (85,517lbs). That weight happens to be the exact weight of an EMB175.

Why get a side letter when the current contract already restricts such flying? Other non-frontier affiliates will be a non-issue once lynx starts taking delivery of EMB170's and 175's. The company has dumped $20 million and counting into lynx so they don't have to continute to pay cost-plus to horizon, republic, expressjet.

I hate to introduce reallity to this discussion, other than the fact that virtually everything you wrote is completely inaccurate, it was a facinating read.

First, this is all kind of academic to me, anyway, as I probably won't be affected by any of this.

I am recieving reports that Lynx is off to a somewhat shaky start. I personnally believe that the fundamentals are good for FRNT and F9, but like I said, I'm not on the inside at either place.

However, I heard the same "this ship won't sink/our contract forbids it" happy talk at Airways.

Wait until they force majuere the scope in your contract and you're jerking gear in a shaky turboprop for half what you used to make.

You'll be wondering why you let the camel's nose in the tent.

The current Republic flying and ready built alter-ego carrier Lynx exist right now. See also, USAir, MidAtlantic.

Sorry Ace..........I'm still looking for this leverage you're speaking of, and I'm pretty good at locating leverage. I will say this, they may not have leverage now but there are ways to make leverage. Ways that have nothing to do with Lynx. Only problem is I don't see the F9 pilot group as one that would be interested in making there own leverage. You need pissed off folks for that and too many folks are too happy there.

StaySeated...i am going to have to say it, so here goes...Potter...yes, there it is, i said it, the "P" word...stated that with the existence of Lynx "on a separate certificate" that there would be no guarantee EVER of them not getting aircraft such as the 318's or 319's, or the transfer of those a/c from one certificate to the next. Remember that point for a moment. Now there is nothing that says they have to fly them under the "Frontier Airlines" name, but that they CAN fly them. What is to stop them from stopping the current Frontier from flying to certain cities while the current Lynx takes larger a/c and just happens to fly them to the same cities that Frontier just stopped flying to under a pseudo name? Really nothing at all. That's all i was getting at. And yes the contract states certain weights and all for F9 connection flying, but it says nothing about the Lynx certificate from flying for themselves not as a Frontier connection or as another name with old F9 birds...again, the problem with separate certificates, and they knew that when they set it up that way...negotiation technique maybe for the future?

Ok, now to that point i asked you to remember earlier...with all the talk of "right sizing" the airline and the options they highlighted in the town hall meeting, what are the chances that the "leasing or selling" of a/c might just happen to be to Lynx? And for those who like to do the whole rumor thing, it is not happening, but it was mentioned as a possibility if things turned much worse in the industry for the future, so chill.

Common sense says they have spent WAY too much time, effort, and money with the Lynx certificate to use it to just fly a small number of Q400s around.

Back to the original topic, HR told me a couple weeks ago that they are not hiring and are uncertain when they will start up again.

Any F9 pilots please confirm or deny a rumor I heard........

F9 is parking a couple airplanes?! I surely hope not !!

Any F9 pilots please confirm or deny a rumor I heard........

F9 is parking a couple airplanes?! I surely hope not !!

Likely for the short term. Taking delivery of a pair of new 320's Feb/Mar, parking a few older birds over the winter. [/unsubstantiated]

About a month ago I recieved an interview pre- screen call, it seemed to go well. The question is, should I keep my hopes up? Or perhaps my paperwork is floating across the Bennigans parking lot on its way towards Kansas. I hope thats not the case.
Really this is where I want to go. I live here in the Region and do not want to spend my life commuting. I really like the airline and the product and want to be part of it.
Or should I start drinking?
Hey I have a good job so I could afford a lot of toddies.
Inputs folks?

should I keep my hopes up?

Or should I start drinking?

Both. Recently hired folks went into a pool, I don't think the recruitment apparatus is operating at full speed. Ensure large quantities of alcohol are available at home, it makes watching the red-bellied warbirds fly over your house more pleasant.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back