Is Expressjet apart of CASS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dangerkitty

Was denied the cockpit jumpseat today from a gate agent and was told that XJET was/is not apart of CASS.

Is that true?

As far as I know that's a lie! Did they use XE for the ExpressJet CASS code...last I checked that was the code. Then again, gate agents usually know EVERYTHING, especially when it comes to jumpseating.

Dangerkitty said:
Was denied the cockpit jumpseat today from a gate agent and was told that XJET was/is not apart of CASS.

Is that true?

Contact your JS coordinator with the details. I don't want to go end 'round your guy. I'm the JS guys for XJT and yes we are in cass. If you provide the details I can follow up on it. Sorry. Gate agents continue to be the bain in our existance.

ehoulli said:
As far as I know that's a lie! Did they use XE for the ExpressJet CASS code...last I checked that was the code. Then again, gate agents usually know EVERYTHING, especially when it comes to jumpseating.

XE is for Express pilots jumpseating.

mcpickle -- Saw the same thing happen in Albany a couple of weeks ago, but the other way around: An XJT gate agent wouldn't let a UPS pilot have the cockpit, because "they aren't in CASS." Fortunately there was one seat open in the back for her and she got on, but there are definitely some holes in the system.

CA1900 said:
mcpickle -- Saw the same thing happen in Albany a couple of weeks ago, but the other way around: An XJT gate agent wouldn't let a UPS pilot have the cockpit, because "they aren't in CASS." Fortunately there was one seat open in the back for her and she got on, but there are definitely some holes in the system.

Thats exactly what happened to me. It was a XJT gate agent but the flight was full so I was totally denied.

Aah, I was a bit confused (happens easily!) I didn't know if you were XJT riding on someone else (figured you'd know if you were in CASS then) or someone riding on XJT.

I've had gate agents tell me that becasue I'm in CASS I don't need the captain's signature...on an offline commute too. What does CASS have to do with getting the captain's signature?

ehoulli said:
I've had gate agents tell me that becasue I'm in CASS I don't need the captain's signature...on an offline commute too. What does CASS have to do with getting the captain's signature?
BS. You always need the captain's signature to ride. CASS simply means you are cleared to ride in the cockpit, but obviously not without the captain's approval. CAL will clear us (XJT) and give us a boarding pass if there are seats in the back, but you still need the OK. If you don't, then you are just abusing a privlidge and being a dick. UAL did the same thing to me last week. When I went and asked the captain if it was OK if I rode with them, she was very appreciative of my inquiry. Apparently a lot of people have stopped asking, and than's just not cool.

Jumpseated on United LAX to OGG no problem. The way back American gate agent couldn't figure it out.
I didn't know the code at the time, but both the United and American gate agent was able to find Expressjet right away.
If you were trying to jump on ExpressJet, same thing, you should be able to, just a question if the gate agent knows how CASS works.
And agree with above, you ALWAYS gotta talk to the captain.

To add, sometimes the Captain will help the gate agent know that you are able to ride up front as well.

Latest resources

Back