Is Expressjet apart of CASS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Master Shake said:
BS. You always need the captain's signature to ride. CASS simply means you are cleared to ride in the cockpit, but obviously not without the captain's approval. CAL will clear us (XJT) and give us a boarding pass if there are seats in the back, but you still need the OK. If you don't, then you are just abusing a privlidge and being a dick. UAL did the same thing to me last week. When I went and asked the captain if it was OK if I rode with them, she was very appreciative of my inquiry. Apparently a lot of people have stopped asking, and than's just not cool.

I was just saying this is what the gate told me. I always ASK the captain for a ride, and say thanks on the way out when I get to where I'm going. I can't believe gates think that if you're in CASS that you somehow don't need permission from the boss! They seem to look me up every time, even if the flight is totally open or if it's a SAAB where they can't even put passengers in every seat.

Hopefully there aren't agents out there who think that people not in CASS can't even ride in the back, but it's probably happened!

Hi!

Not a CASS expert but,

Even if XJet is in CASS, and your airline is in CASS, your airline may not be in XJet's CASS system, so if the gate agent looks up your airline in XJet's system-it doesn't show up and they have no way of verifying if U R in CASS or not.

We are in CASS, but NWA had to put us into their system before it worked with them.

You can ALWAYS get the capt's signature (if they allow you on) and sit in the back. You can ALWAYS also be denied boarding by the captain, regardless of if you're in CASS or on their JS list.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back