Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Burt Reynolds

El Bandido
I know that everyone says that you shouldn't base your choice on upgrade time, but what about Eagle? I've received an offer to interview, but should I just wait until I have more time and try to get interviews with other carriers that have the domicile that I want (ORD)? I can't seem to get any response from Skywest or Chautauqua... are there others with Chicago domiciles?

Never turn down an interview. What you are looking fo in a job may not be what everybody else is looking for. If you want to stay at ORD Eagle might be your chance.

About the upgrade time, this industry can change at a moments notice, so if you make your choice only on that you might miss out or you might not. One thing I would advise you on is make a choice based on the possibility of being at whatever place you choose a long time, who knows what will happen in the future. Good luck, go interview, and find what is best for you.

Willy21 said:
Never turn down an interview. What you are looking fo in a job may not be what everybody else is looking for. If you want to stay at ORD Eagle might be your chance.

About the upgrade time, this industry can change at a moments notice, so if you make your choice only on that you might miss out or you might not. One thing I would advise you on is make a choice based on the possibility of being at whatever place you choose a long time, who knows what will happen in the future. Good luck, go interview, and find what is best for you.

I agree. Do what right for you. But NEVER EVER turn down an interview!
Good Luck at Eagle

Who knows, especially with regionals, where the domiciles will be. While it is a pretty good bet Eagle will stay in ORD, can the same be said for SKW or CHQ. Those companies are tied only by their current fee-for-departure arrangement.

Choice of domicile would be somewhat down on the list as far as picking a regional since this could change in the near or not-so-near future. If one thing is certain in this industry it is change.

If you get an interview, go. And go with the intention of getting a job offer. If you get a job offer, THEN you can decide if the situation is right for you. But base your decision on the whole picture which should be painted with as much information as you can possibly get on every single factor of the job and the company.

Willy21 said:
Never turn down an interview......About the upgrade time, this industry can change at a moments notice....

This guy is right. Never turn down an interview. You should take all the opportunities you can get. Whether you take a job offer at Eagle or some other Regional, you need to do this.

On the subject of Eagle and upgrade time.... The static forecast for upgrade sucks, but as Willy21 said, this industry can change at a moments notice. Corporate america is changing its ideas on retirement. If AA drinks the cool-aid then you might see a mass exodus at AA and all the flowbacks might take a call back. Viola, you have 400+ upgrades at Eagle. Anyway you look at it, it is a gamble. Go where you see stability. CHQ, Skywest, AWACS, Skyway all these guys have shown a lot of instability. All regionals are on a race to the bottom. Go where the stability is. Eagle has that stability. AA won't be selling us any time soon.

ORD is Eagle's biggest crew base. You have a high probobility of getting ORD in the CRJ or ERJ. Eitherway, it will be a jet.

Go for Eagle, and if someone else offers something better in the mean time, go for that instead.

If your trying to get on with SKYW and can't, maybe its your lack of time. Try getting on with Eagle, then with some turbine time, getting on with SKYW. I know its a sideways move, but my friend just quite Eagle after a year because he said it would have taken him 6+ years to upgrade. My other friend has been there since 99 and still hasn't upgraded.

wow..that was a pretty random comment....eagle isnt exactly the industrys crap hole ..but i wouldnt call it the best wither..and to say that chautauqua and skywest are unstable???COME ON...noone has shown more growth over the last year than those two carriers your dreamin man...with that being said.....of course you should take the interview..and if you feel you mesh well with the company...go for it...if not keep huntin..this whole thing is about timing

snap145 said:
wow..that was a pretty random comment....eagle isnt exactly the industrys crap hole ..but i wouldnt call it the best wither..and to say that chautauqua and skywest are unstable???COME ON...noone has shown more growth over the last year than those two carriers your dreamin man...with that being said.....of course you should take the interview..and if you feel you mesh well with the company...go for it...if not keep huntin..this whole thing is about timing

Hey now there, I think what he wastrying to say is this. Chautauqua and skywest do all their business with companies who ARE in Chapter 11 or about to file Chapter 11. AA is not about to sell eagle to make some money!!! AA is also in a much healthier situation then most of the mainline carriers. These companies are going to expand to keep up with the demand. As said before the demand in PAX is there. The money however is not!! If Delta were to go out of business all of a sudden, what do you think would happen to all those Chautauqua pilots on the back end of the senority list??? You never know what is going to happen. All we know is what those two companies are doing and have done. Only can hope for the best.

oh well

Latest resources

Back