• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Eagle a bad choice?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Been an Eagle just under two years and I really don't have any complaints. It's a great airline to work for and everybody from captains, instructors and schedulers have been very nice. Once again, don't judge the airline by its upgrade time. At airline X where the upgrades are 2-3 years today, a week from now they might be furloughing. And here things might turn around in a heartbeat, or not. Who knows? There are absolutely no ways to predict the future. I'm looking for a descent job and stability. AMR is doing faily well considering what's been happening to the industry and we're not contracted around flying for Y, W, and Z major carriers that might go under at a moments notice.
Training is top-class (at the American Airlines Flight Academy), there are several crew bases and the company benifits are not bad at all. I fly to South America or Europe on AA every month for a minimal non-rev fee (Business/First), and have been having TONS of fun using the flight benefits (thousands of dollars if I were to pay for tickets).
I don't make as much money as I would like to, but who is nowadays? If I decide to work 2 days OT out of my 13 day off schedule, I can make my paycheck a little more descent. Maybe in the future if things don't go as expected I might leave, but why worry now about something I cannot control?
Just go to the interview. Go see for yourself what its about. If offered a job, take it. If somebody else does too, than it's up to you...go with your gut feeling and go have fun. That's what this is all about. Good luck!

"All good things come to those who wait."
-Chinese Proverb

Latest resources

Back