Is Delta Parking Mainline Airplanes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skywdriver

I was very surprised to read this in an article about the 787 orders from the airshow.

"On its earnings conference call Monday, Delta(DAL) said it will reduce its fleet by 91 aircraft in 2010 and by 20 more in 2011. CEO Richard Anderson made it clear the carrier has no immediate interest in new airplanes."

I hope this is referring to regional airplanes. I read through the 10Q and it mentioned some 737-800's that were going to be sold immediately after they were delivered to a third party.

You guys are supposed to be hiring 300 pilots, I am just confused here. Can anyone shed any light on this?

There will be some parked but what they are saying is most of them are RJ's.

Also DC-9 30/40's will not be parked until 2011 now so those are included in the figure.

Well considering that the average utilization per jet for DAL has been in the 9 hr per day range and they are going to bump that to 11-13 hrs per day, you do the math. Add to it the need for more augmented crews.

Well considering that the average utilization per jet for DAL has been in the 9 hr per day range and they are going to bump that to 11-13 hrs per day, you do the math. Add to it the need for more augmented crews.

Good news for you guys, hope the idea of more flying hours is contagious.

DAL as a whole will be flat to a 2% YOY increase in ASM's, it is just who is going to fly em.

Latest resources

Back