Is Delta Parking Mainline Airplanes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

DAL is also buying MD-90s as fast as possible. Saw on another thread that they are in talks to buy all the Saudi planes. I think they have 28, and I also read on another thread DAL was planning on 74, so that would bring the -90 total at DAL to 102 if they COULD get the Saudi planes.

cliff
LFW

Lets not forget American refusal to a one year contract extension that would have had them flying the 70 seats and dropping the sick out multi-million dollar fine. Just saying.

Yeah, the problem is everywhere (except SWA).

Small aircraft have replaced career jobs at mainline companies for almost 20 years now. We've seen the results and they aren't pretty.

Over 1/2 the flying of XYZ or PDQ airlines is not being done by that company any longer... that fact is just sadly amazing.

Yeah, the problem is everywhere (except SWA).

Small aircraft have replaced career jobs at mainline companies for almost 20 years now. We've seen the results and they aren't pretty.

Over 1/2 the flying of XYZ or PDQ airlines is not being done by that company any longer... that fact is just sadly amazing.

ACTUALLY THE MAIN PROBLEM HAS A LOT TO DO WITH SWA TOO. Back in the good old days, SWA's LOW pay rates where one of the main reasons, the legacies shifted flying to cheaper means (rjs). Although I love SWA and your pay is "good" now, DONT EVER THINK SWA had no hand in the mess that we are in! (although some of your guys are multi-millionaires for their sacrifices)

First hand experience because I was a legacy driver back in the day and I did notice LCCs' pay rates. They were not pretty at all especially SWA, F9 etc...

CYA

Last edited:
Lets not forget American refusal to a one year contract extension that would have had them flying the 70 seats and dropping the sick out multi-million dollar fine. Just saying.

Let's not forget that that was Carty's "empty bag" promise that he had NO intention of fulfilling, nor was he able to. Not just that, it was in exchange for "baseball-style arbitration" in future contract negotiations.

Before you spout off on what we voted for or against, know the details. Voting against that POS was the best decision the membership had made in a while.

Parking off even a few mainline airplanes doesn't equal the need for more pilots. So why the need for more pilots? Better utilization of airplanes?

read below,

Hi!

DAL is also buying MD-90s as fast as possible. Saw on another thread that they are in talks to buy all the Saudi planes. I think they have 28, and I also read on another thread DAL was planning on 74, so that would bring the -90 total at DAL to 102 if they COULD get the Saudi planes.

cliff
LFW

The DC9s that are being parked are being replaced with new/used mainline aircraft. The real net loss of airframes are going to be at the regionals.

ACTUALLY THE MAIN PROBLEM HAS A LOT TO DO WITH SWA TOO. Back in the good old days, SWA's LOW pay rates where one of the main reasons, the legacies shifted flying to cheaper means (rjs). Although I love SWA and your pay is "good" now, DONT EVER THINK SWA had no hand in the mess that we are in! (although some of your guys are multi-millionaires for their sacrifices)

First hand experience because I was a legacy driver back in the day and I did notice LCCs' pay rates. They were not pretty at all especially SWA, F9 etc...

CYA

that is a really good point. ... deregulation cheap tickets for all, at what cost?

Yep, we are where we are because mainline could not compete with the LLC's, pilots wanted to keep FAE up for pensions, and now we are left with RJ's that do not get the job done, no pensions, low pay, LLC's making comparable rates to legacies, and most forgetting how we got to the a la carte mentality.

Latest resources

Back