Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Rick,

Do I look like a CEO with all of the answers? Thanks anyway.

Bye Bye--General Lee
You have to be joking. Almost every post you make has something to do with the forward progress of Delta and expectation of profits, example Song. Now all of the sudden when you dont have a prompt answer to an honest question your retort is this. That's OK, I wish you luck in your current situation.

Rick James said:
You have to be joking. Almost every post you make has something to do with the forward progress of Delta and expectation of profits, example Song. Now all of the sudden when you dont have a prompt answer to an honest question your retort is this. That's OK, I wish you luck in your current situation.

You ask me questions that I really can't answer. Write Grinstein a letter if you want an answer with authority. Song did make profits compared to the old Delta Express service, and even against mainline service. The problem we had is that we were taking planes away from mainline to create Song, not buying new airplanes. Those planes had to be replaced with smaller planes(MD88s etc) and the RJs even had to replace 737s, which didn't help things with business travelers. Thanks for your good wishes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee said:
You ask me questions that I really can't answer. Write Grinstein a letter if you want an answer with authority. Song did make profits compared to the old Delta Express service, and even against mainline service. The problem we had is that we were taking planes away from mainline to create Song, not buying new airplanes. Those planes had to be replaced with smaller planes(MD88s etc) and the RJs even had to replace 737s, which didn't help things with business travelers. Thanks for your good wishes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General
How do you know this? Delta hides Song's figures inside Delta figures. Even the most knowledgeable airline analysts have not been able to guess. And I'm not slammin' ya here, I just want to know if there is something I am missing. Or are you just guessing based on what you see as loads.

I believe GL in that Song was profitable. Look at CAL. Guess which aircraft they will be deploying from EWR to all the florida destinations? The 757-300 which has the lowest CASM in the industry. With Jetblue's cost structure, they might be able to compete with an A321 but I think CAL's 757-300's are going to really be a competitor with the East Coast configuration they are planning to use and the new entertainment systems discussed in threads a few weeks ago. My point is that the 75's Song operated with the costs associated with the FA's Song contract etc. lead me to believe that they indeed could have been profitable.

IAHERJ

banger said:
General
How do you know this? Delta hides Song's figures inside Delta figures. Even the most knowledgeable airline analysts have not been able to guess. And I'm not slammin' ya here, I just want to know if there is something I am missing. Or are you just guessing based on what you see as loads.

Banger,

No, I didn't ask for ticket prices from each passenger. I do remember that article that I now cannot find with Grinstein saying it was profitable, and I have talked to the Song ex-President (who supposedly left after personal problems with a stew there?) who said it was doing very well. Other than that, I don't have access to that type of info. I heard it from the top. Take it or leave it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Spooky that wasnt directed at you - I agree with you about GG. However, you sure are acting like an ass now. And telling me meeting you might be unpleasant for me.
Grow up man...this isn't 4th grade?

General Lee said:
Banger,

No, I didn't ask for ticket prices from each passenger. I do remember that article that I now cannot find with Grinstein saying it was profitable, and I have talked to the Song ex-President (who supposedly left after personal problems with a stew there?) who said it was doing very well. Other than that, I don't have access to that type of info. I heard it from the top. Take it or leave it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well see thats kinda my point. I do remember the article your refering to (can't find it either) and I thought GG did not use the term "profitable". Terms like "doing very well" don't really mean making money either. Higher ups at JB say Song is losing money wherever they fly. Now I'm not saying they are correct eithier. It would be interesting to know for sure. I'm guessing a Judge is gonna look at the numbers some time in the future, and if Song is not turning its own profit, he'll say " change it or stop it".

dtfl said:
Spooky that wasnt directed at you - I agree with you about GG. However, you sure are acting like an ass now. And telling me meeting you might be unpleasant for me.
Grow up man...this isn't 4th grade?

More names? Grow up yourself.

With regards to the original post, there has been no announcement of any furloughs. It depends on a number of things, they did just recall 3 people from the short list today to fill the Oct recall class.

Just FYI-

General Lee said:

Bye Bye--General Lee

I was on the golf course with GG last week. He just said "shut up and give me a wedge".

Latest resources

Back