• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Delta getting 747's from JAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True, but DL could possibly get them and then use some to rotate out DL's current 744s to get new PTV's for each seat, while keeping the current schedule intact. The current 744s need audio and visual upgrades to compete with Singapore Airlines etc in the IFE department, and after announcing Haneda service from DTW and LAX, there are no spares to rotate in. Also, the new scheduled service leaves little room for MAC charters for the Government, which are lucrative too. DL hasn't even started the HND service yet.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Gonna need more than PTV "audio and visual" upgrades to compete with Singapore, there junior. Crews will also need to be "audiolly and visually" upgraded as well. :). Just sayin'.

I do not see 25 either. I see maybe nine more to get to a fleet of 25. That is the ideal number for marketing.
In Asia, the power of four is king, and DAL knows that. The 777 may be great for DAL, but the Asian markets like four engined jets.

I would suspect a short lease term on these. (5-10 years tops)

I know that Boeing is looking for a home for these jets, and DAL has been asked if they would want them. The rates are rumored to be good enough to take on the jet with the added fuel costs. Will they? Maybe. No announcement means DAL is trying to wait as long as possible before committing. Why? The economy stupid.

Heard the same thing regarding lease rates. Also we're going to need the extra lift to compete with CAL/UAL in the pacific.

We heard this over & over in indoc last week. The Co wants A LOT more lift capability and soon. They are also VERY stoked on the deals they are getting for the MD-90's. Everything seems to point to a 'New Delta' mentality regarding running the Co. Aircraft for cheap, keep the employees happy, keep the pax returning is what we heard over & over. I hope it's true.

Baja.

I like this rumor, I think I'll spread it. Even just 5 more would create huge upward movement. Hopefully enough to get me off reserve. I'm very skeptical, of course.

I do not see 25 either. I see maybe nine more to get to a fleet of 25. That is the ideal number for marketing.
In Asia, the power of four is king, and DAL knows that. The 777 may be great for DAL, but the Asian markets like four engined jets.

I would suspect a short lease term on these. (5-10 years tops)

I know that Boeing is looking for a home for these jets, and DAL has been asked if they would want them. The rates are rumored to be good enough to take on the jet with the added fuel costs. Will they? Maybe. No announcement means DAL is trying to wait as long as possible before committing. Why? The economy stupid.

Heyas ACL,

I would place this just on the inside of the plausibility envelope.

Just.

Nu

Had heard a little while back company would like 20-24 744's. Maybe more now with the enviornment. Might also replace some of the original a/c. Could also be a shorter term lease until 787-900's start delivery. Good news if true. There are recent rumors also the Sept. A.E. is having some more 744 positions. AND, the Stew's are getting older (and heavier) and many are projected to need 4 motors to get them airborne. Packs Off T/O mandatory for narrowbody T/O's with these senior babes.

Had heard a little while back company would like 20-24 744's. Maybe more now with the enviornment. Might also replace some of the original a/c. Could also be a shorter term lease until 787-900's start delivery. Good news if true. There are recent rumors also the Sept. A.E. is having some more 744 positions. AND, the Stew's are getting older (and heavier) and many are projected to need 4 motors to get them airborne. Packs Off T/O mandatory for narrowbody T/O's with these senior babes.
:laugh::beer:
Never have I heard more truer words....

When talking about the "-400s" to North and South crews, sometimes people get a bit confused. The 744-400 is common to the North guys, while the 767-400 is common to the South. Someone recently explained a simple way to differentiate between the two so both North and South guys know which plane is being talked about.

A 744 will now be called a 4X4 (4 engines), and the 764 is a 2X4 (2 engines). It just makes the conversations more understandable. And, I hope DL gets a bunch more 4X4s. For those of you mentally challenged, that is called a 4 by 4. ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

New International Flight Attendant uniform announced......

The Bra is a 36 LONG.......

Don't forget to tip your waitress.....Drive safe Atlanta......YOU ROCK!!

Latest resources

Back