• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Delta getting 747's from JAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
25 747-400 ??? 4 was the rumor for those of us on the A/C 3 months ago. I doubt very much we would be more than doubling our fleet as DAL needs to learn how to maintain an run the ones they have first ,at least at JFK.

Walking through JFK a week ago I noticed a LOT of people standing around one spot...JFK-NRT: cancelled! 403 HKs. :eek:

Flew on Cathay a few years back. Great service. Excellent Airline!!

ABSOLUTELY the worst seats in the industry, worldwide. Even worse than the US airlines that have seat cushions that are worthless from being broken down for decades of increasing American body weight. Got stuck in the back from LAX to HKG on a 773 because it was so much cheaper than anything else. The seats don't really recline, they just slide forward giving you less room for your legs and more chance of a sore neck.

PtP

ABSOLUTELY the worst seats in the industry, worldwide. Even worse than the US airlines that have seat cushions that are worthless from being broken down for decades of increasing American body weight. Got stuck in the back from LAX to HKG on a 773 because it was so much cheaper than anything else. The seats don't really recline, they just slide forward giving you less room for your legs and more chance of a sore neck.

PtP

Sounds below par in coach. I was in 1st Class and didn't venture back there.

Walking through JFK a week ago I noticed a LOT of people standing around one spot...JFK-NRT: cancelled! 403 HKs. :eek:

I saw that as well. The line must have stretched for a 300 yards. And they were so polite.

I saw that as well. The line must have stretched for a 300 yards. And they were so polite.

Especially when you compare them to the folks headed to TLV later that day who got canceled too. Over two days we IROP like 1600 folks, won't be in business long doing that.The leadership and decision making at JFK are just so poor its scary.

And the gate agents announcement, "Ladies and gentlemen, we apologize for this minor inconvenience." (I kid you not-Many laughs out of that.)

Well, Delta has NEVER been a big wide-body buyer. I mean, they had 39 L-1011's, which was their most for that class of airplane. They never exceeded 18 MD-11's and their biggest mistake was not buying a TON of 777's. They need to buy 777's like they bought 767's. I hope it works out for you guys, but unless they change that kind of thinking...UAL/CAL will eat your lunch in the Pacific. Good Luck! :D

DAL gets that, and with the HND routes and the times of service they will need at least five more jets if they do not want to pull service from other cities.

Well, Delta has NEVER been a big wide-body buyer. I mean, they had 39 L-1011's, which was their most for that class of airplane. They never exceeded 18 MD-11's and their biggest mistake was not buying a TON of 777's. They need to buy 777's like they bought 767's. I hope it works out for you guys, but unless they change that kind of thinking...UAL/CAL will eat your lunch in the Pacific. Good Luck! :D

The L1011 fleet peaked at 56 airframes back in the mid 90s I believe.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back