Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Delta Connection Academy A Good School?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

eagle1983

Can anyone tell me that has been there there what they know about Delta Connection Academy and what are the pro's and cons of going there. I attended Spartan in Tulsa, OK and was not impressed with there operation.

Warning, Warning!!

Stay Away!! Stay very far AWAY!!!

Just do a search on delta connection academy or comair aviation academy and that shold definately answer your question. Or you could just give me 100K and I'll kick you in the nuts.

Last edited:
go to college, get a 4 yr degree and get rating while you go to school....will cost you the same and noone will hate you

besides doing a search for delta connection academy and comair academy, look up DCA. you will find the general feeling is negative. but i encourage you to search the site, you'll find lots of info.

Being a former DCA student. I would say stay away. The whole key to the DCA bs media scam is getting hired as a flight instructor first before getting that coveted "airline interview". When I interviewed with DCA there were 150 CFI students. I didn't get hired and it's has been a blessing in disguise. They went from interviewing about 6 people a month to 6 people a week. I think if you had jaywalking on your record you didn't get hired.

I have been lucky. I am ahead of most of my origional classmates as far as hours. In hindsight I would not have gone there. I would have gone the FBO route. My loan payments are about $600 a month. The airplanes are crap and it has gotten way over priced. But the training is some of the best. Just make sure you do your homework before you commit. You can get a job without going to DCA. They brainwash you into thinking they are the only way to get a job from day one.

might i make a suggestion? go to www.epicaviation.com . it's a great school, all new airplanes (oldest is a 2000) and we take the delivery of our first all-glass 172 this week :) and we have one diesel/jetA 172 right now, and will be outfitting another airplane shortly. PM me with any questions

Go with a local school

Find a decent local school. You will spend less, and get better training if you do your homework right.

Look!!

Professional Flight Training at KFXE is one of the finest mom and pop flight schools you can ever find. A large fleet (13) of Warrior & Duchess aircraft. Founded by retired Eastern captain and his flight attendant wife and run by daughter and son in-law. The aircraft are 9's-10's inside and out. Many times flight instructors from Flyers, GIA ets have jumped the fence to teach for this company. I took PPL thru ATP with them when I had the choice to go elsewhere.
954-938-3043 for info.

Latest resources

Back