Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i want to hear from an IBT supporter

THE VOICE OF EXPERIENCE SAYS:

If you are talking about the 747 (Local 747, that is) do not walk, but RUN away from that.

Alpa has shown that it favors the group that gives it the most money. Mainline Vs Regionl issues or just pilot group size.

Examples please????

dear brett

OMG, are you serious with that grammar?

Why are you so ignorant? Are you in IAH? Must be considering you're calling yourself a hick.

No one is trying to bully us into ALPA. ALPA is our best choice. I'm glad you recognize the need for a union, and you're right it's not for a potential seniority list integration (which CAN NOT be ruled out).

You REALLY trust PNCL Corp? Get a clue, bro!

Now please, explain to me the benefits of Teamsters.

If you would like to call me an discuss this, please PM me. I would be more than happy to discuss the benefits of ALPA to our airline with you.

Brett Smithling
Ithaca FO

Yeah I've flown with you....you live at home with your parents brett! Willing to work at colgan for that 1yr up grade promised to you a year and a half ago. You thought hell I'll suck it up and live at home becuase ill upgrade in a year, get my 1000 pic, and move on. Instead of going to one of your alpa carriers you came here to get that one up on everyone else. Now that its not looking like a one year up grade mom and dad's is getting old. I remeber you whinning about not being able to take a girl back there.....tool you couldn't get a ramp agent to play with you. Don't get pissed now, you rolled the dice and your stuck. Alpa or teamsters will not get you that quick upgrade. I'd be carefull throughing my name around!

Yeah I've flown with you....you live at home with your parents brett! Willing to work at colgan for that 1yr up grade promised to you a year and a half ago. You thought hell I'll suck it up and live at home becuase ill upgrade in a year, get my 1000 pic, and move on. Instead of going to one of your alpa carriers you came here to get that one up on everyone else. Now that its not looking like a one year up grade mom and dad's is getting old. I remeber you whinning about not being able to take a girl back there.....tool you couldn't get a ramp agent to play with you. Don't get pissed now, you rolled the dice and your stuck. Alpa or teamsters will not get you that quick upgrade. I'd be carefull throughing my name around!

Real men of genius! Here's to you Mr anti alpa colgan guy!

give me a break of course they will fight.

first, have you ever heard of the teamsters to back down from a fight

second, they have a reputation to protect

third the bad press it would bring them would cost more then the fight to protect our group

I like cloudkicker. He is right F all of you we will go down swinging. Keep your crappy magazine and stupid lanyards we want teamsters.

Strength of the Teamsters should not be underestimated, but be clear: It is the PILOTS that make a Union. An individual pilot groups' union is only as strong as its membership.

Horizon is teamsters, they have one of the best regional contracts out there. Net Jets' pilots were teamsters and took the fractional pay WAY over any regional contract and in fact pays better than ANY major's first 3 years' pay. Starting salaries at 57k is almost where the regional pay is in Europe.

It is a pilot group that will make their union. Not who it is in Washington or which pin they wear on their tie.

You never answered the question Yoda that I asked.

Also the Teamsters have a horrible reputation when representing airline pilots, why do they need to protect it?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back