Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

se1776

splash 8
my friend got hired at CSA back in January he got a letter yesterday saying thanks for playing. all last three classes got fired. The company is parking 4 airplanes. Ten captains are down grading.

That stinks - They have deep pockets though. They hired me in Jan2004 as a street capt but I decided to gut it out at ALG. Everyone there in the interview was very nice and laid back, it was a really tuff decision to turn them down. I think they will be around as a 5 to 10 plane dash operation there is always flying in islands.

Way to go Skip B. run another airline into the ground!!!!

What do you expect? They hired a manager with the "Vision of The nations most respected regional airline", ASA. This is the guy who let middle management run ASA into the ground while he played golf and hobnobbed with Leo Mullin. Then ran off to a tax shelter island with $875K of Delta Shareholders money and took on a hobby of running Carib. sun.

Why should Caribbean Sun be any different? Skip B. couldn't run ASA out of DAL's backyard, why would he be expected to do any different in the Caribbean.
Maybe they can Restructure with Bryan L. running the show. Bouyyyyyyyyy...

I think they are closing Caribbean Sun so its sister carrier C Star can grow more. Star is receiving brand new Q300's and hiring off the street capts.
Don't you love aviation.

I just spoke with a good friend of mine that is a Check Airman with CSA. He told me that the original plan to grow to 10 D-8's was changed and that they will get 2 or 3 Q-300's and this is why they will furlough some folks because they will not need that many in CSA. These folks will be given the opportunity to work for CSA if they wish.
The company is not going under, but redirecting.
There is a current opportunity for 8 off the street Captains for the Q-300's he said.

You guys have it all wrong! They did not furlough those 17 pilots but gave them "Permenant termination" Because they said it would not be right to furlough because they would NEVER be recalled Never. There is no expansion in the near future they are losing 3 million a month as managemant said, and need to stop the bleeding. Management has also been given a deadline to see if CSA can stop the bleeding. So if they can't what other option is there DUH! Caribbean Star is hiring left and right because they expect to have Cat1 by September of 2006 which means they will be able to go to the U.S. or any other territories which means they probably won't need Carib Sun. Whoever that check airmen was i'm not sure he was in the meeting because i was and it did not go like that. 8 captains are being demoted to F.O and will retain Capt pay. they are also closing down 3 stations: St thomas, St. Croix and Santiago, DR more reductions to come. So stay away no good news here guys.

Whoever that check airmen was i'm not sure he was in the meeting because i was and it did not go like that

Juan P.

I'm sorry that things are not going well. Good friends of mine there.

Latest resources

Back