• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Caribbean Sun going under?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They also told us that even though Caribbean Star is our Sister company and you have JAA license or would convert you still have to apply like someone off the street no priority given to Carib Sun Pilots so get in line! Pretty nice right! So it seems like they don't want anything to do with Carib Sun or its pilots. They are doing a very good job of sending the message of a shutdown. If that's not was intended then they need to fire certain management. Anyway i won't be waiting for my letter much like all the rest of the pilot group i think the shutdown might happen sooner because there won't be anyone left to fly the line. So i'm out as soon as i get a job offer!

Star is going to have a announcement today. Not sure what it is. Stay tuned. Also heard that Stanford wants to make an announcement by end of week. Been alot of talk down island that Stanford is going to buy BWIA, not taking that one too serious. Heard that Sun doesn't have any leases due to expire til Jan. 07. Trying to find out how many, looks like 2. So guess what 16 FO's and 8 Captains are going to get for Christmas. As for working for Star, get a job back in the states, stay away from Caribbean. Not worth the hassle, no one wants us here anyway.

Well i'm not sure about the whole BWIA thing but I think both company's are getting their johnson Spanked. Middle management and upper management don't seem to communicate well at all. They are making the airline look stupid and they look like a bunch of A$$'. Mercutio said it right they don't want us there so stay the heck away! Star has been talking about Cat 1 for 4 years and still to this day don't have it. So what is going to change it now. You are dealing with people who have no vision to understand that this would be good for all but they always seem to think your there to take their jobs. Dam Idiots! Very narrow minded people those Antiguans!

Suns only job security has been Stars inability to get CAT 1. Politically, that is their biggest hurdle (with the CAA wanting to protect LIAT) and they seem to finally have it in Sept. 129 Certification and SJU, STX and STT approval wouldn't be much later. Stanford has too much political pull with the FAA for that take too long. All Sun leases expire by July 07, perfect timing. Figure Stanford should make a pretty penny selling a debt free 121 Certificate.

I'm an idiot

What was I thinking when I took this job? I've never seen something so good go so bad. I wish they would pull the plug and put me out of this misery.

Skip's Accomplishments since joining Caribbean Sun::D

1. fired 17 pilots
2. On-time performance for July '06 17% down from 83% this time last year.
3. Businnes plan that we are still waiting for Since July 11th, 2006.
4. Got rid of 2 aircraft
" Wait, you mean we have 6 aircraft departing within 30 minutes of each other, and only 2 G.P.U.'s and 2 A/C carts no wonder we're always late!" Said CEO. "But didn't we just buy 5 GPU's at auction? asked CEO."Yes but they are all broken and need parts." Said lower management."Ooohh Ok!" But keep writing those reports guys so management can fix these problems, wink wink!;) I'll get right on it!

And I think I might just stick around to see what happens next! Looks like it can only get better from here, RIGHT! LOL!:laugh:

Propilot77 said:
Skip's Accomplishments since joining Caribbean Sun::D

1. fired 17 pilots
2. On-time performance for July '06 17% down from 83% this time last year.
3. Businnes plan that we are still waiting for Since July 11th, 2006.
4. Got rid of 2 aircraft
" Wait, you mean we have 6 aircraft departing within 30 minutes of each other, and only 2 G.P.U.'s and 2 A/C carts no wonder we're always late!" Said CEO. "But didn't we just buy 5 GPU's at auction? asked CEO."Yes but they are all broken and need parts." Said lower management."Ooohh Ok!" But keep writing those reports guys so management can fix these problems, wink wink!;) I'll get right on it!

And I think I might just stick around to see what happens next! Looks like it can only get better from here, RIGHT! LOL!:laugh:

Yep, sounds like Skippy hasn't changed a bit. Good luck, y'all, I hope he finds a new hobby before he runs YOUR airline into the ground too.

And by the the way they were not furloughed they were fired! The letters they received said termination with no option to return! So if we start losing pilots to other company's he is going to need those guys but since he fired them sorry no joy Skippy! Sounds like a sinking ship at CSA.:puke:
viva La France!

Looks like 3 airplanes leaving in Sept. 3ex, 4ex and 6ha. Shouldn't have to "terminate" any more pilots, there's so many already looking for work. Natural attrition should take care of it. Star should get their Cat 1 in Sept. from the latest rumors. Question is; does Star need 129 first to start flying into STT, STX and SJU? How long will that take?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back