• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Caribbean Sun going under?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
V2-LFH and V2-LFG are going to be painted as 812LR and 813LR for Freedom Air's Delta Dash 8 fleet mid September.

Dumb Pilot said:
I just spoke with a good friend of mine that is a Check Airman with CSA. He told me that the original plan to grow to 10 D-8's was changed and that they will get 2 or 3 Q-300's and this is why they will furlough some folks because they will not need that many in CSA. These folks will be given the opportunity to work for CSA if they wish.
The company is not going under, but redirecting.
There is a current opportunity for 8 off the street Captains for the Q-300's he said.

you and I know the same people

oops..wrong quote

Last edited:
Propilot77 said:
You guys have it all wrong! They did not furlough those 17 pilots but gave them "Permenant termination" Because they said it would not be right to furlough because they would NEVER be recalled Never. There is no expansion in the near future they are losing 3 million a month as managemant said, and need to stop the bleeding. Management has also been given a deadline to see if CSA can stop the bleeding. So if they can't what other option is there DUH! Caribbean Star is hiring left and right because they expect to have Cat1 by September of 2006 which means they will be able to go to the U.S. or any other territories which means they probably won't need Carib Sun. Whoever that check airmen was i'm not sure he was in the meeting because i was and it did not go like that. 8 captains are being demoted to F.O and will retain Capt pay. they are also closing down 3 stations: St thomas, St. Croix and Santiago, DR more reductions to come. So stay away no good news here guys.

excatly what I was told by some insiders....

any yall know F.S.? old chief pilot

F.S. was, is, and always will be a scumbag!! I've had the pleasure of his company and I wouldnt trust him around my dog!

Later
Captain Happy, aka Angry Petey!!

Press Release Source: Caribbean Star Airlines Ltd. and Caribbean Sun Airlines Inc.

Caribbean Star Airlines & Caribbean Sun Airlines Initiate Cost-Cutting Measures to Optimize Future Growth
Friday July 21, 10:42 am ET
Fleet Reduced by Two Aircraft & Service Suspended to Four Destinations

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 21, 2006--Caribbean Star Airlines and Caribbean Sun Airlines have initiated several cost-cutting measures to optimize efficiency in order to fast-track future growth. All changes will be effective as of September 2006 and include the following:

ADVERTISEMENT
Caribbean Sun Fleet Reduction

In line with previously announced plans to re-fleet/upgrade both carriers' stable of Dash-8 turboprop aircraft, leases for two aging Caribbean Sun Dash-8 100 series aircraft will not be renewed and the aircraft will be removed from the fleet in September 2006.

Caribbean Sun Service Suspensions

To compensate for the loss of aircraft, Caribbean Sun will suspend service along three of its most unprofitable routes - St. Croix and St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Santiago, Dominican Republic. Caribbean Sun previously operated one daily nonstop flight in either direction between its hub in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and both St. Croix and Santiago. Service to/from St. Thomas included once-daily nonstop service to/from San Juan, twice-daily nonstop service to/from St. Maarten, twice-daily one-stop service to/from Antigua, and once-daily two-stop service to/from Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago. The last Caribbean Sun flights to/from all three destinations will operate September 11, 2006.

Despite these moves, Caribbean Sun will continue to serve the Dominican Republic with the addition of new service between San Juan and Santo Domingo. The new service, which began July 19, 2006, features four daily nonstop flights in either direction, the most of any city-pair in the entire Caribbean Sun route network.

Caribbean Star Service Suspension

Additional unprofitable flying will be eliminated with the suspension of Caribbean Star service to/from Anguilla. Previously, Caribbean Star operated five weekly flights between Anguilla and its hub in Antigua, as well as five weekly flights between Anguilla and Tortola, British Virgin Islands. The last Caribbean Star flights to/from Anguilla will operate September 11, 2006.

About Caribbean Star Airlines Ltd. and Caribbean Sun Airlines Inc.

Privately held Caribbean Star Airlines Limited was incorporated in Antigua in January 2000. Its sister airline Caribbean Sun Airlines Inc., based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, launched its maiden flight in January 2003. Caribbean Star Airlines Limited and Caribbean Sun Airlines Inc. are affiliated but separate companies. The air service provided by each carrier is operated independently of the other, and the rules applicable to travel on each airline may be different. More information about Caribbean Star Airlines and Caribbean Sun Airlines is available at their respective websites, http://www.flycaribbeanstar.com and http://www.flycsa.com.

Caribbean Star Airlines & Caribbean Sun Airlines Initiate Cost-Cutting Measures to Optimize Future Growth

Is that a great reason to fire about 20+of their FOs I mean fire done
THE END. For these guys it was a great move two or three months waisted in training and reserve they could of go somewhere and be two to three months in senority. It nice how these airlines can ruin your dreams and dont give a dam about it.

Figure Skip will announce in Sept. that Sun will lose more planes when their leases expire and Star will start flying into SJU as soon as they can get approval (They are getting two more 300's and have options on 4 more, just enough to replace all of Sun's current flying). The most senior guys have 6 months maybe a little more. Probably see 8 to 16 more "terminations" by end of year.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back