Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is being a pilot at a regional like being Tom Cruise in Top Gun?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I get a kick out of are the corporate/charter pilots who feel they need to thump their chest and prove how much "better" they are than airline pilots, including crappy regional pilots. Some of you guys have an incredible inferiority complex.

Yeah we get it. You guys are true "sky kings" while us pathetic regional 121 pilots are nothing but bottom feeding scum. We will never have what it takes to master the extreme challenges of the CE500. Gotcha. Don't care.

All kidding aside, I just have to ask, why? why do you need to rub it in our faces that we make 20 grand our first year? Are you happy about it? Is it a point of pride for you? I don't understand. I never went around making fun of 135 wannabes because they pulled gear in the right seat of a King Air 200 FOR FRIGGIN FREE. Seriously. This place is going to give me an ulcer.

Last edited:
islandhopper said:
I was in ground school at my most recent airline with a real cool guy that flew charter. Now not just king airs & crap. He flew fast lears and a BBJ out of BUR. Rock stars, actors, all kinds of sh!t. Sounds good huh! All true.

Well I must admit we got into a little argument about whose job sucked more. His charter job or my regional job. He easily won that argument.... & I worked for satan himself over at mesa. But you are so green to aviation you probably have no idea what I am talking about. This post wasnt for you then. Ever try selling cars?

Many people that can buy expensive airplanes like to think they can own you too (24/7) for whatever they pay you. Most of the time life is good but those little occasional reminders that your looked at like a "houseboy" by some of these clowns can be irritating.

I love a whole thread being dovoted to how hard it is to be a pilot. Oh I shovel sh$t here.... You think that's sh$t let me tell you a thing or two about sh$t. Easiest job in the world people. That is why they can take a guy with 6 months of training and fill a seat, pay is plumeting, etc.

Last edited:
CRJDog said:
Personally I would like to fly cargo freighters full of rubber dogsh!t out of Hong Kong.

:)

You have a name and contact info for this cargo job you speak of???

CRJDog said:
Personally I would like to fly cargo freighters full of rubber dogsh!t out of Hong Kong.

:)
Hows the pay and QOL? Would you recommend flying rubber dogsh!t over CHQ? Whats the upgrade time for flying the rubber dogsh!t? Thanks in advance for the info!

CapnVegetto said:

6. Seniority list & union. Designed specifically to protect the dumbest most inept motherf-ckers there. You get hired, don't wreck or kill anybody for about 2 to 4 years, you upgrade. You could be the dumbest, stupidest, $hittiest pilot at the company, but your ability has no bearing on it......your number is up, so you upgrade. Meanwhile, every other business in the universe promotes based on ability. ALPA guys love to spout off about the 'chief pilots' buddies' and crap like that, but I don't see a problem anywhere else. Works fine at CitationShares. Works fine where my father has worked for 30 years.

I don't agree with the statement of ability having no bearing etc...You still need to fly to an appropriate standard to pass a type ride. It's not like they just pass them out when your number is up.

Latest resources

Back