Is ASA running classes again ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
patriot88 said:
just got a call about the 17th class.....already training somewhere else and the HR person bitched me out b/c I didn't update them with my status. their pool letter clearly said "DO NOT CALL US, WE WILL CALL YOU". hope it's not a sign of the whole organiztion, but it made me confident that I don't want to be at ASA.
That's basically the way they treat you here, if you let them. The GO has no appreciation for the front-line employees, including the flight crews.

Last edited:
patriot88 said:
just got a call about the 17th class.....already training somewhere else and the HR person bitched me out b/c I didn't update them with my status. their pool letter clearly said "DO NOT CALL US, WE WILL CALL YOU". hope it's not a sign of the whole organiztion, but it made me confident that I don't want to be at ASA.

See ya!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well there you have it!

That's what training is telling the new hires right now.

Well then, I guess if they are telling the new hires this, then there has to be new hires, right? I think I am on to something here.
:beer:

patriot88 said:
just got a call about the 17th class.....already training somewhere else and the HR person bitched me out b/c I didn't update them with my status.

Admit to nothing, Deny everything, Make counter accusations... and demand an apology. I use this technique in most aviation scenarios and it works pretty well. I think it would have worked for you.

ASA: "can you come to spring training"
Patriot: "I can't for the class you specified"
ASA:"Why not"
Patriot: "Reasons I can't say"
ASA: "You should tell us this information"
Patriot: "YOU TOLD US NOT TO CALL"
ASA: "You are very incositerate of the people in the pool"
Patriot "I don't have to be treated like a child I demand an apology"

See once you've mastered the HR intern you can try this technique with Feds, Checkrides, and drunken arguments at bars. Did I forget schedulars... They are the most fun to do it with!

So how many in the October class?

How far in advance will they call you for a class and how long did you guys wait in the pool for the call?
Thanks

Plainsman said:
How far in advance will they call you for a class and how long did you guys wait in the pool for the call?
Thanks

I interviewed mid-August and am still waiting for a class date. Assuming they go by date of interview or background check completion... yes?

Latest resources

Back