Is ASA running classes again ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crash Pad said:
Yeah good question... where is the guy who said a massive ramp up in training was coming?
That's what training is telling the new hires right now.

Found out there are Oct 3rd and 17th classes, Nov. date isn't set yet. They know how to make you sweat!

just got a call about the 17th class.....already training somewhere else and the HR person bitched me out b/c I didn't update them with my status. their pool letter clearly said "DO NOT CALL US, WE WILL CALL YOU". hope it's not a sign of the whole organiztion, but it made me confident that I don't want to be at ASA.

patriot88 said:
just got a call about the 17th class.....already training somewhere else and the HR person bitched me out b/c I didn't update them with my status. their pool letter clearly said "DO NOT CALL US, WE WILL CALL YOU". hope it's not a sign of the whole organiztion, but it made me confident that I don't want to be at ASA.
First off, I think that refers to calling about class status. Secondly, why not send a letter...even a postcard? I'd bet money that I speak on behalf of the majority of the pilot group when I say that we're glad you found something else.

Last edited:
FL000 said:
First off, I think that refers to calling about class status. Secondly, why not send a letter...even a postcard? I'd better money that I speak on behalf of the majority of the pilot group when I say that we're glad you found something else.

Agree

Who really cares if they're upset? It's not your problem that they won't have you in class. They have plenty of applicants and if they can't fill the class effortlessly then that's her problem.

In fact, you would be an idiot to notify them of your "unavailability". What if you showed at your other job day one and they furloughed you? What if you had a family emergency and couldn't make the other class (or had to withdraw) and they decided to no longer employ you? These airlines have no loyalty or obligation to you so why should you terminate an opportunity before it's officially offered to you? You handled it well....If you had accepted the class with no intention of going and then no-showed I could understand their anger.

JMO

Last edited:
"These airlines have no loyalty or obligation to you so why should you terminate an opportunity before it's officially offered to you?"

my thoughts exactly....I am new to the whole airline world, but have found early on that we as pilots need to look after ourselves and not expect the company to look out for our best interest. I didn't know how training was going to go or get furloughed or whatever.....

had the response been a little more professional from the HR person it wouldn't have been an issue......but being scolded like a school kid in the principal's office fired me up a bit.

I thought I was doing the right thing by letting her know then that I wasn't taking the slot....my friends told me to take it just in case my training took a turn for the worse....but I didn't want to take someone else's slot that was also waiting in the pool...

no harm, no foul......movin on.....

Latest resources

Back