Is AA going to recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

100 c.i.

Heard from many sources that AA may recall in great number. They just posted job openings for ground school and sim instructors. anybody???????????/

Yes, all signs are pointing toward a recall by early next year, if not sooner. New VP of Flight has reiterated over and over again that the Co is way undermanned, and is pushing for recalls this Fall. Stay tuned...

Thanks AA, I just hope this is not just a patch job for retirement and we will hear a annoucement soonnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Yes, all signs are pointing toward a recall by early next year, if not sooner. New VP of Flight has reiterated over and over again that the Co is way undermanned, and is pushing for recalls this Fall. Stay tuned...

You get the feeling that something big is in the works. Potential AE sell off, gate swaps, more 73's, more sim instructor's and the CP talking a
big game. We shall see. There also seems to be a pressing need for the company to move forward in light of the recent changes with DAL/NWA
and UAL/CAL, perhaps this may lead to a contract in our life time.

Recalls should be announced any day now. My personal prediction is that they will recall the whole lot of furloughees within 2 years and start hiring off the street after that. Company apparently might have some big growth coming up, to keep up with DL/NW and UA/CO, since AA doesn't want to merge... along with the need for more pilots due to the new FAA duty regs, PLUS unexpected early outs, PLUS the big retirement wave coming up starting in 2013... all signs point to some nice movement on this seniority list. Just my (highly educated) opinion, let's see how close I am.

Recalls should be announced any day now. My personal prediction is that they will recall the whole lot of furloughees within 2 years and start hiring off the street after that. Company apparently might have some big growth coming up, to keep up with DL/NW and UA/CO, since AA doesn't want to merge... along with the need for more pilots due to the new FAA duty regs, PLUS unexpected early outs, PLUS the big retirement wave coming up starting in 2013... all signs point to some nice movement on this seniority list. Just my (highly educated) opinion, let's see how close I am.

Maybe the C150/DOM/CA/DCA will finally open up for you.....

I hope you are spot on with your prediction

Wingman... I'll gladly fly C-150 CA for the right $$$!! I do see CA upgrade coming down over the years for us junior folk as well.

Latest resources

Back