Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is a light twin below 200HP considered "high performance"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
User997 said:
Guys, go easy on dragland. You guys ripped on him over the whole alternator/Seminole question earlier, but he still decided to follow up and ask another question.

No, that was a different guy on the seminole alternator thread. I'm more that willing to cut someone some slack on the hp/twin question, because it certainly would make sense if total horsepower was used. That's why I took the time to explain how to construe the reg.

However, thinking an alternator failure would cause you to lose the vacuum pump is is *waaaaay* over the top. Sorry, that *is* private pilot stuff, and there is something seriously wrong witht hte process if someone makes it to MEI/CFII with this bad an understanding of systems. Sure, we're not trying to build an airplane, but get real.

Loss of an alternator doesn't cause a lose of a vacuum pump???? ;)

wait wait wait...

so whatyou're saying is if my battery and alternator dies my propeller will still keep turning???:confused:

wow this flying machine thingy is real hard....

reminds me of a student i had that didnt want to know what engine and oil she had cause thats not her problem its the mechanics

I thought that if your alternator went out your mains went flat.

but when the mains go flat the altimiter reads higher than actual right?

No, no, no.. When the mains go flat you get an INV light and your yam damper stops working...

The altimeter only reads higher when the strobe fluid gets low..

It's all relative to the person...really. All the guys who drive 747s call 767s "light twins". So it all depends on who you ask;)

So that's why it seems like I've been flaring too high--I must have low tire pressure.

A Squared said:
No, that was a different guy on the seminole alternator thread.
You're right, my bad. I must've just automatically associated the two. You guys must've ran the Alternator guy far away with the beating he received...

A Squared said:
Sorry, that *is* private pilot stuff, and there is something seriously wrong witht hte process if someone makes it to MEI/CFII with this bad an understanding of systems.
I'm not disagreeing with you for a second on this issue. But I do feel that we have an obligation to help out a fellow pilot whose unfamiliar with something (through whose ever fault it was) no matter how mundane, and atleast educate him to the degree asked or needed.

You don't want to create an enviroment where people are afraid to ask questions. Something they may want to know, but is to intimidated now to ask, could save their lives one day, or keep them out of big trouble having known what we can teach.

Unlike SOME of you on here, we're not all God's of Aviation, some people squeek by the process, yet their still going to fly and they still need to be educated one way or the other.

if he was a student pilot maybe....

but this guy has a MEL

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back