Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is $10K enough for the Former America West pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you folks aware that the Scope in the US Air term sheet allows 670 regional aircraft?

Based off of 800 Narrow Body Airframes
  • 40% or 352 aircraft — 70 Seat (24,640 seats)
  • 35% or 308 aircraft — 81 Seat (24,948 seats)

Total Physically Outsourced Seats: 49,588

Delta Scope (New Contract)
  • 102 aircraft — 70 Seat (7,140)
  • 223 aircraft — 76 Seat (16,948)

Total Physically Outsourced Seats: 24,088​

Whoa....that blows!

Are you folks aware that the Scope in the US Air term sheet allows 670 regional aircraft?

<b>
Based off of 800 Narrow Body Airframes
  • 40% or 352 aircraft — 70 Seat (24,640 seats)
  • 35% or 308 aircraft — 81 Seat (24,948 seats)

Total Physically Outsourced Seats: 49,588

Delta Scope (New Contract)
  • 102 aircraft — 70 Seat (7,140)
  • 223 aircraft — 76 Seat (16,948)

Total Physically Outsourced Seats: 24,088​
</b>
Holy crap...... They want to outsource a huge amount of flying for the price of a used car?? F-everyone else I'm getting 10K!

East West you have leverage right now, your company needs this deal. Put the seniority list on hold. Reject the MOU just like APA rejected the term sheet. apparently either US will acquire AA or vice versa. either east or west union is about to be outnumbered by APA. so demand immediate real pay with retro and be willing to shut it down. this stuff about seat at the table does not matter unless you are willing to test the law when your contract expires.

Last edited:
I hear a lot of junior FO's leaning towards voting for this piece of crap because of the no furlough clause. What shallow thinking.......

The fleet and block hour protections we currently have are light years better than any fuzzy "no furlough" language. Please educate yourself on the WHOLE package instead of hanging your hat on one or two bullet points. Overall this MOU is a CONCESSION for a group that's not even in bankruptcy.

East West you have leverage right now, your company needs this deal. Put the seniority list on hold. Reject the MOU just like APA rejected the term sheet. apparently either US will acquire AA or vice versa. either east or west union is about to be outnumbered by APA. so demand immediate real pay with retro and be willing to shut it down. this stuff about seat at the table does not matter unless you are willing to test the law when your contract expires.
How can you seriously compare the MOU with the APA vote on the term sheet? Do you know anything about the US pilot group?

I hear a lot of junior FO's leaning towards voting for this piece of crap because of the no furlough clause. What shallow thinking.......

The fleet and block hour protections we currently have are light years better than any fuzzy "no furlough" language. Please educate yourself on the WHOLE package instead of hanging your hat on one or two bullet points. Overall this MOU is a CONCESSION for a group that's not even in bankruptcy.
You will be losing those protections when APA assumes control anyhow. By labeling it a concession, you imply that you can retain what you currently have, which simply is not true.

The pilots have gone long enough on bankruptcy wages and an ineffective union. You will have a hard time convincing guys they are better off to stay married to both of them.

You can yell at the waves all you want, but the tide will still come in.

Where's your crystal ball? How do you know we can't retain some of the things we currently have? That's why they call it negotiation. We're giving up WAY too much for practically nothing in return. Do the math. With the work rules we'd be subject to, the higher pay rate turns out to be chicken feed.

If this MOU is agreed to it becomes part of the baseline once we start negotiating a JCBA. We'll effectively be weakening our hand before real negotiations even start.

You will be losing those protections when APA assumes control anyhow. By labeling it a concession, you imply that you can retain what you currently have, which simply is not true.

The pilots have gone long enough on bankruptcy wages and an ineffective union. You will have a hard time convincing guys they are better off to stay married to both of them.

You can yell at the waves all you want, but the tide will still come in.

Hey Birdie I admit that I don't fully understand everything in this MOU and you seem to have a full understanding of it. I admit I need to attend road shows and talk to my reps to make my choice. I'm just asking you to give more details instead of the "yell at waves" bull crap.

Latest resources

Back