Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Typhoon1244

Member in Good Standing
Why is anybody still listening to this guy?

Is it just me, or is it a colossal waste of time and energy having CNN, BBC, etc., cover his press conferences? He's still saying that American soldiers are committing suicide at the gates of Baghdad. The media doesn't solicit the war analysis of schizophrenic homeless people...this guy's commentary is no more credible.

I like what my F/O (a former Air Force Special Ops type) said about the Information Minister: "he's a funny man. Let's kill him last."

Someone on the radio this morning suggested that we would see one of his press conferences in a day or two where he's surrounded by US Marines, spouting the same jive, "We have them surrounded, the infidels graves will be in Bagdhad, Victory is ours!" as the Marines pick him up, podium and all, and carry him off. If it doesn't actually happen, Saturday Night Live should make it happen.

I agree with your F/O. The guy is hilarious. He's become a parody of himself. Especially entertaining was when he was spewing on live TV that we and our tanks weren't there, and on the split screen was a group of tanks in front of a palace, soldiers underneath the famous arch of swords, and U.S. soldiers crapping in Saddam's toilet.

For God's sake, even the translator on Fox was having trouble keeping his composure. I swear he was about to crack up.

You can tell the iraqi disinformation minister is having a hard time keeping a straight face. I know i am when i hear him.

The guy is funny, still waiting when he shouts how the Americans are on the run & one of marines stops, taps him on the shoulder and passes him a coke.

Master the possibilities

I would really like to see the moment when he is conducting one of his daily outdoor press conferences and a couple of Apaches suddenly popup hovering above a surrounding building! I bet the look on his face would make a good ending for one of those credit car commercials:

U.S. Army issue Nomex Flight Suit - $279

Nearly a year of U.S. Army Basic and Advanced Rotorwing Training Courses - $1.8 million dollars

AH-64 Apache, armed with a full complement of Hellfire misiles -$38 million dollars

The look on the face of the Iraqi Information Minister the moment before a couple of those Hellfire missiles streak towards him - priceless.

There are some things in life that money cant buy - for everything else there is Mastercard!

He sounds like some union leadership at a once major airline that is now just a memory.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back