• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Iraq: The 51st State

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone who denies the guy's optimistic visions, realistic actions and dedication to supporting the US Constitution is sadly and totally delusional.

Ignorance is bliss. I think "we" just tend to live in reality and are not able to be brain washed as some are. (food for thought) I always find it quite funny when someone is so caught up in propaganda, lies, and deception that they actually (in reality) believe it to be true themselves.

3 5 0

Dear Mr. Saab

No I would not spit on our troops, in fact I would never spit on anybody. If you notice I have never called President Bush anything but that. I respect a man that is the President of the United States, I have even met him and shook his hand, a nice gentleman. But I do have the right not to agree with him and not support him on this (just this, notice I didn't say anything else). So while others are calling him names I call him by his name, and what he is, I have never posted anything on here calling him DumbYa, or idiot, or whatever else you can come up with.

So there is really no need to swear and cuss at me. I started this post to get us thinking about post-war, which I think you will agree will be better. At least for aviation, would you agree that war will be bad for the aviation industry.

Keepin' it Civil.

Ignorance is bliss. I think "we" just tend to live in reality and are not able to be brain washed as some are. (food for thought) I always find it quite funny when someone is so caught up in propaganda, lies, and deception that they actually (in reality) believe it to be true themselves.

I suppose you are going to purport that you are "more informed" than the rest of us because you have satellite television and you can watch the BBC and Al Jazeera. Please feel free to enlighten us with the truth. I for one, would be happy to read it.

Good post, Senna. At least you're using your brain instead of just going along with the rest of the mob.

Spending all of our tax money attempting to "democratize" the middle east (post-Saddam) seems like a GIANT waste of money to me. Think of what good we could do with that money if we kept it here. :cool:

AFellow and Saab - this is supposed to be a rational discussion among mature, college-educated professionals on both sides of an issue. Please act like it.

Minh

Re: Defending the Constitution?

merikeyegro said:
It has nothing to do with public opinion.
Fortunately, Bush does care less about public opinion than all the leftists bashing his efforts.
He wouldn't care if his approval rating were 23%. He'd still be heading to Iraq and pushing a $400 billion deficit.
Ain't it great! A man with a soul and convictions! A concept that many have a hard time understanding. You understand?
I guess I, as well, am against the troops because I think GWB is a bit of an idiot, right?
"against the troops". do you mean you don't support them fighting in Iraq or are you just against them in general? You can not support military action in Iraq. But do it with some substance and logic. I have heard no logical argument against the impending action yet. you got something logical - I'm listening.
Do I hate you just because I hate your father?
Not sure I understand how this fits into the discussion. If you can, think about what you're writing a little more before you respond so you can be understood. But I'd have to say you're relating to something said by a 21st century leftist - "I hate you because you're conservative."

BTW, I agree with quite a bit of your points 1, 2 & 3.

Do I hate you just because I hate your father?

Not all that hard, flywithastick. Same as saying "Do I hate the troops just because I hate Bush?" He was comparing it to a more understandable situation.

you got something logical - I'm listening.

How about this? Three letters...O I L. As I see it theres no other reason for this "war" in Iraq. If we cared oh-so-much and were so lovey-dovey about "liberating the Iraqi people"...why would one of Bush's main speech points be

"Do not destroy oil wells, a source of wealth that belongs to the Iraqi people."?

Iraqi people...sure. We'll see how much they prosper off of that oil we're clammoring to get our hands on. IMO, he might as well have added "So we can be sure to have those secure and ready for funneling straight to the U.S."

If all we really cared about was removing this terrible dictator and liberating Iraq...why would we be so concerned about preserving oil wells? My answer: Thats the whole stinking reason we're there.

O I L

Ahhh, Yes. The reason that El Presidente asked the Iraqis not to destroy the oil wells is because...? Anyone? Anyone? The what Process? The Re-what Process? The Rebuilding Process.

Do you really think that the rebuilding of Iraq is going to be paid for with US tax dollars? I think not. It will be financed BY THE IRAQIS with oil dollars from MANY countries throughout the world. To say oil is the only reason to go to war is nothing more than conspiracy-theory claptrap.

The Iraqis will see just as much money from their oil wells as the Saudis and Kuwaitis.

I have no problem with a war for oil. In fact it's always amused me when I see a car drive by with a "No War for Oil" sticker on the back. Who are they kidding? Oil is a strategic mineral, always has been. Unfortuately, we've always found ourselves importing it. Through good fortune the US found uranium within it's borders, another strategic mineral. Do you think that we would have blinked twice if we had to invade Mexico to secure a supply of uranium, and this win the Cold War? I think not. A reliable supply of oil is as vital to the health of this country as the supply of food. (Think it isn't? Stop the trucks and see how long it takes for New York or LA to starve). Further, the warning to the Iraqi's was a sound one. Besides destroying that source of wealth, they would likely kill hundreds, if not thousands, of their own people who may suffer from respiratory ailments, and turn their homes into an environmental nightmare. It's good to give them pause.

I burn 700 gallons of kerosene through a typical day's work, and that's downright miserly - my father burns 10000 gallons on a typical day's jaunt. Our livelihood depends on the black stuff. A war for oil? More power to 'em.

Latest resources

Back