• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Iranian President's DC-8 at JFK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sure you were equally disgusted during the 80s when we were supplying arms to Saddam to continue his war against Iran and Iran was using arms we had sold to them previously to fight back.Scott

At least the Russians, the French, and the British didn't supply any weapons to Iraq and Iran, correct?…Oh wait, I guess they did… Ok, well at least the neutral countries, Switzerland and Sweden didn't participate in the Iraq-Iran wars, right? Well, true unless money laundering for the governments of Iraq and Iran in Switzerland or sales of Swedish Saab trucks modified to carry Scuds counts…Hmm…

Seems like the whole world was participating, yet somehow America is the only country being blamed…of course mainly by its own self-defeating leftwing mass media...

This should just about piss you off!

I sometimes wonder if the joke is on us. Why on Gods green earth did we ever let this joker in our country? Screw the UN!

Ahmadinejad lauded in Iran for "Lion's Den" visit
By Fredrik Dahl 1 hour, 30 minutes ago

TEHRAN (Reuters) - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad may have faced ridicule in the United States by suggesting there were no homosexuals in Iran, but he won praise at home on Wednesday for taking his country's case to "the Lion's Den."
[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]
B2125095.29;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5;sz=300x250;ord=1190819615714174
if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['FYzmJ9j8Ync-']='&U=13a48vi1r%2fN%3dFYzmJ9j8Ync-%2fC%3d570180.9955585.10735058.1442997%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d4324715';
Generally, politicians and media in the Islamic Republic -- even some who have previously criticized the president -- described Ahmadinejad's visit to New York as a triumph and denounced the university president who called him "a petty and cruel dictator."
But one pro-reform newspaper said that, although the president told his U.S. audience he respected academics, that was not always how it seemed at home.
Ahmadinejad, who often rails against the West, traveled to the United States at a time of escalating tension between the two foes over Tehran's nuclear ambitions and the war in Iraq.
The president spoke at Columbia University on Monday and on Tuesday addressed the U.N. General Assembly, where he told world leaders the issue of Iran's nuclear ambitions was "closed" and that military threats and sanctions had failed.
"By fearlessly and courageously walking into the 'Lion's Den' ... he is sure to become even more of a hero in the Arab-Muslim street than before," the daily Iran News wrote.
Iran denies U.S. accusations it is seeking atomic bombs, saying it wants to generate electricity. It also rejects accusations it is violating human rights and muzzling critics.
LAUGHTER
Around 200 lawmakers hailed Ahmadinejad's "historical and memorable" stay in New York, saying in a statement his "courageous" speech on Monday had made Muslims happy while angering Iran's enemies like Israel, the Mehr News Agency said.
Others condemned the way Ahmadinejad was treated at Columbia University, where he criticized Israel and the United States and provoked laughter and jeers by saying Iran had no homosexuals.
Homosexuality is a crime punishable by death in Iran.
Introducing Ahmadinejad, Columbia University President Lee Bollinger said he acted like a dictator and his Holocaust denials showed he was "brazenly provocative or astonishingly uneducated."
One Iranian MP described Bollinger's remarks as insulting.
The head of Iran's judiciary, Ayatollah Mahmoud Hashemi- Shahroudi, who has in the past criticized Ahmadinejad, said he had defied hostile "plotters" to deliver his speech.
But the reformist newspaper, Aftab-e Yazd, contrasted his comments in New York on how Iran respects its academics with the way some of them were being treated in the country.
The daily referred to a harshly worded response by some officials to an open letter in June signed by 57 economists criticizing the government's economic and foreign policies.
"No doubt, Ahmadinejad's logic and composure in the face of the Columbia University head's disgracing remarks is a cause of pride for all Iranians," it wrote. "However, history will remember this behavior only if ... he can prove that he trusts all academics and in all affairs."

I'm sure you were equally disgusted during the 80s when we were supplying arms to Saddam to continue his war against Iran and Iran was using arms we had sold to them previously to fight back. 500,000 Iraqis and Iranians died in that war..... 500,000.

Scott

WTF does that have to do with anything? Are you equally bothered about our involvement in WWI? 8,000,000 people died in that war. 8,000,000. Completely irrelevant.

Whether some of you choose to believe it or not, we are at war with Iran - for years they have been supplying weapons, training and financial support to terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan - there's no question about it - and yet some of you decide it's more important to find reasons to turn the finger around and point it back at the US. You hate Bush, we get it. Can we fight the war on terror now please????

Deploy a slide... by "accident". Both in front of and behind his jet.

Are you kidding??? I think you mean have an F-16 drop a couple of GBU-10's on his jet by "accident." I can gaurantee you that'll ensure him and his cronies won't be returning to speak here in the US anytime in the near future.

BTW - is Hank Hill his pilot? I'm just not sure if H. Hill speaks Arabic - but I know he hates Israel and Jews just as much as Ahmadenijad. I think that and a few hundred hours of turbine PIC qualifies you for the job just fine.

... Whether some of you choose to believe it or not, we are at war with Iran - for years they have been supplying weapons, training and financial support to terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan - there's no question about it - and yet some of you decide it's more important to find reasons to turn the finger around and point it back at the US. You hate Bush, we get it. Can we fight the war on terror now please????
This is nothing new; there have always been some who preferred to hate their own country rather than to look the enemy in the eye, or even to recognize the enemy. Just look at moveon.org – the “everything is America’s fault” zit of the earth.

However, moveon.org is nothing new - they do have predecessors in history. Right before (and even during!) WW2 there was the German-American Bund of Nazi admirers and apologist; in my view moveon.org is today’s reincarnation of that phenomenon – they are admirers and apologist to the islamo-fascist movement. History repeating itself…:(

AV80R,

Don't forget to add Swift Boat Veterans For Truth to the list of America hating groups!

And MarineGrunt just where shall we fight the "war on terror?" And who shall fight it?

And MarineGrunt just where shall we fight the "war on terror?"
Anywhere we need to. Period.
And who shall fight it?
I have 60+ missions and 400+ hours over Iraq and Afghanistan - and while that is a microscopic amount compared to some that are over there, I didn't have to spend ONCE SINGE SECOND there. I volunteered for all of it. Lucky for you, there are people who aren't afraid to fight.

...Don't forget to add Swift Boat Veterans For Truth to the list of America hating groups! ...
I am glad there was a group of veterans willing to tell the truth about a weasel who brought a film camera with him to the war in order to portray himself as a hero for his future political aspirations.

This was not an America hating group - this was a veteran group who happened to know Jane Kerry much better than any leftwing reporter out there. Kerry's Fondesque behavior was disgusting but fortunately there are people out there, such as marine grunt and others, who volunteer for what has to be done and who don't throw away their medals for political reasons or associate themselves with traitors such as Fonda and others...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back