iphone logbook program reviews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JustaNumber

Can anyone review the available logbook programs for the iphone? The two that I know of are FltCrew iLog and Coradine's Logten Mobile/Pro. Are there any others? How do they compare to APDL for airline pilot use? My Palm is refusing to cooperate anymore and is just begging to be replaced. I am frustrated with devices that just don't work! Any detailed opinions?

"Ceci n'est pas une pipe."

Thread Hijack:

JustaNumber, where did you find the airline pilot rendition of Rene Magritte's "The Son of Man"?

Was that photoshopped?

I have an iPhone and use FltCrew Log. So far (just a week using the program) I am pleased. No more red book to deal with, it keeps flight times and expenses. It has a lot of other stuff on it as well regarding weather and airport info...nice to have but I don't use it much. My only complaint is that the program occasionally crashes but not enough to be of concern.

Thread Hijack:

JustaNumber, where did you find the airline pilot rendition of Rene Magritte's "The Son of Man"?

Was that photoshopped?
It is not a pipe. I photoshopped it myself; I was going to call myself "the Son of ASA" but I didn't think anyone would get it.

I have an iPhone and use FltCrew Log. So far (just a week using the program) I am pleased. No more red book to deal with, it keeps flight times and expenses. It has a lot of other stuff on it as well regarding weather and airport info...nice to have but I don't use it much. My only complaint is that the program occasionally crashes but not enough to be of concern.

Can it easily sync to another electronic logbook program? Can you put in night and instrument time? How about keeping track of duty limits?

I was hoping to find a device/program combination that was rock solid reliable; it seems that may just be a pipe dream? (Or not a pipe dream, for the Amish guy).

I know one of the APDL guys, and a while ago he told me to stay away from the iPhone. I'm going to take that as they're not going to support them for a while.

I have seen a demo where someone had created a Palm emulator for the Iphone, but that hasn't been released yet.

I miss APDL, but I don't miss my Treo.

This doesn't log anything, but I take a screenshot of my month's schedule and make it my wallpaper. One click, and there's what I'm doing for the month.

Can it easily sync to another electronic logbook program? Can you put in night and instrument time? How about keeping track of duty limits?

I was hoping to find a device/program combination that was rock solid reliable; it seems that may just be a pipe dream? (Or not a pipe dream, for the Amish guy).

From what I hear it can sync fine with other electronic logbooks however I can't say for sure since I don't keep an electronic log. To answer your question about night and IMC...yes it does, as well as approaches, out/off/on/in, inc. Overall it does what I want it to.

You would think that for $60 those APDL people would try to keep their customers happy and make an iphone app, sh*t they would probably charge $80 for it anyway. There I go thinkin again.

Can anyone review the available logbook programs for the iphone? The two that I know of are FltCrew iLog and Coradine's Logten Mobile/Pro. Are there any others? How do they compare to APDL for airline pilot use? My Palm is refusing to cooperate anymore and is just begging to be replaced. I am frustrated with devices that just don't work! Any detailed opinions?

I have Logten on my mac and iPhone. I love it. Don't know about the others.

It is not a pipe. I photoshopped it myself; I was going to call myself "the Son of ASA" but I didn't think anyone would get it.

Very cool avatar. I'm sure some others may have recognized it subliminally. If The New Yorker magazine ever ran a piece on airline pilots, I would think that this photoshopped version would be a perfect photo to accompany the article. The style fits right in. Also, your user name would work well as the articles title. "Just a Number." Those three words alone describe and connotate so much in the airline industry.

C'est la vie. :beer:

Latest resources

Back