• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

iphone logbook program reviews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone with Logten Pro know if you can transfer your data from Logbook Pro into it? Or do you just need to start from scratch?

As for the NC Software (APDL) people, they always sound like arrogant pricks on the NC blog boards. I think their attitude towards their customers and the market in general are kind of like IBM in the 80's.

I don't think I have ever read anything from those guys that was arrogant. But I agree that they have missed the boat on the iphone and that will be their loss. I see them arguing that the iphone does not have the market share. Then it turns out it does, but they argue that most iphone users are not using it for logbook purposes. Look here:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2009/02/report-gives-iphone-51-of-us-smartphone-ad-market.ars

I think they did miss the boat. All I know is that about 75% of my pilot buds have switched to the iphone. The rest of them are waiting for a contract to end and then they will switch. I have jumped on it last year with the 3G and... WoW... how can you ignore a product like this?

My only beef with the iphone is that safari does not run crewtrack well. That is an issue with safari I believe. It is perfect for everything else. I have my searchable AIM, FARs on it, flashcards to review limitations when bored... The only thing missing is a Logbook Pro compatible application like APDL but something more out of this millennium.

So how is this iLog? I am on the street at the moment so I have no need for it just yet but I have been looking at it for a while now. I see a lot of complaints about bugs. Has it become more stable lately?

Does it sync with Logbook Pro? I don't want to change Logbook Pro. There is no alternative for windows desktops IMHO.

Do you need to be online (internet connection on) to use it?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back