• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

iPad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone know what the battery life is for the Ipad?

Apple publishes between 9 and 10 hours, and that is surfing online with 3G and Wifi respectively.

There are several "real world" tests out there that show Apples numbers are VERY conservative.

Those controlled tests have shown the iPad going 11+ hours playing video and 4 times that long when used as just an audio device.

Pretty impressive.

Anyone know what the battery life is for the Ipad?

I can get days out of it with average use...movies use the most power I would say..

Reading, surfing, email, maps, etc you can easily get apples 8hr advertised batt life. Its impressive.

Id ditch my laptop or PC long before the ipad.

If you have access to Jeppesen.com/icharts (there electronic charts version) You can save the charts as PDF files. Then email to yourself on the ipad and use Ibooks or download Goodreader and view the charts pretty slick overall.

Looks like the ipad is the way to go. Live weather data and GPS input will seal the deal.

Thanks for all the input.

It has bluetooth, if you could connect to the bluetooth XM receiver and gps it might work. note: I have done this with a regular EFB before. Seem like internal GPS, bluetooth to XM receiver would be the way to go if the WxWorx software would work on the Ipad.

The app has been released and is now available for download. I don't have my serial # handy so won't be able to use it until I get home tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back