iPad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyingmk

Does anyone have information on the capabilities of the iPad with Jeppesen and WX Works??

Thanks for your help.

No jepp yet. Rumored to be working on an app. I use SkyCharts Pro for Naco charts, ifr/vfr charts. FlightScale for W/B. MyRadar, Nexrad HD, TWC MAX+, AeroWeather. Few games for boredom. Fltplan app for FBO info.

Skycharts is like $30/year with all 28 day updates. Nize.

To use the Jeppesen app you will have to be a current JepView subscriber. I use Foreflight with NOAA charts great WX and you can file with it but I use FltPlan for filing. The Ipad in the cockpit is very nice and fast.

I read that the iPad doesn't have the hardware compatibility for WX Works. I believe that's detailed on Foreflight's site, but don't quote me on it.

iPad for in-flight charts is the best money I ever spent... that time in Sweden aside. I also use Excel spreadsheets for w&b, flight tracking, and performance calcs (check out the DocsToGo app for Excel, Word, and several others). I love the scratch pad on the iPad... I'm truely paperless now. I use Foreflight, $75 per yr for the entire US. I'd love to have Jepps for international however. Still using paper for that.

Do the eJepps come in PDF format or do you have to have a specific reader for it? Also will Jepp make enroute highs and lows available as well or just treminal procs?

I would like to see the Jepp iPad application also...

If it is anything like the JeppView then it will just be terminal stuff... I would rather have paper maps out if I really need them... Personally.

LB

Do the eJepps come in PDF format or do you have to have a specific reader for it? Also will Jepp make enroute highs and lows available as well or just treminal procs?

JeppView is both terminal and enroute charts. And you can easily print them without the need for a specific viewer.

Ultra

After using the iPad for enroute charts I don't think I could easily go back to paper. No more folding, squinting, swearing... just finger swipe and pinch and pull to zoom in and out. The search feature takes you right to your airport on any chart and the inter-change between terminal, low, high, and VFR sectional is so fast that I'm wall-papering my kids room with my paper charts.

Latest resources

Back