iPAD XM WX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bentpilot

Anyone heard what the status of the XM WX reciever from WX WORX for the iPAD is? As I remember, this product was due out last month...

We have been testing two iPAD's since January (Part 91 King Airs) with Wing X 7 Pro with Ram Yoke mounts. Very happy.

We have ordered another two iPAD's so we can ditch the paper Jepp's. Would love to have XM WX on the iPAD. Not interested in the ADS-B route and was interested in the WX WORK press release back in March regarding their XM WX product.

Thanks.

Last rumor I heard was sometime this month. I would bet they wait until Oshkosh to announce it.

so...you have to by a device to conect to a XM receiver to transmit to the IPAD, then you still need software that isn't out yet?

so...you have to by a device to conect to a XM receiver to transmit to the IPAD, then you still need software that isn't out yet?

Just so you can get to where other tablets have been for the last 5 years, but without the daylight readability, GPS position, or the ability to update via disc.

Can anyone recommend a good video poker app for the IPad?

We had Motion Tablets for the last five years. XM, Jepps, the whole deal. They were very expensive and over heated while being charged. The i-pad is a welcome addition. The Motion Tabs make a great door stop.

Latest resources

Back