Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DGdaPilot

Parrot Head Pilot
Does anyone know what the instruments would indicate if your airplane was inverted? Just curious....apparently this is a question asked by the local DE for the CFII checkride.
Thanks

You need to ask this? How about an attitude indicator? If the brown part is up, you have problems.

Vandal said:
You need to ask this? How about an attitude indicator? If the brown part is up, you have problems.

I dont know about you if the Brown Part is up I'm having fun the PAX have the problems >:)

Vandal said:

Wouldn't that tumble in most GA airplanes? I don't think that the gyros are able to go rotate the whole way, but I could be wrong.

http://www.avweb.com/news/avionics/183240-1.html

Depends on how old it is.

Last edited:
Vandal said:
It should tumble at 60 degrees

I like the fuel gauges.

DGdaPilot said:
Does anyone know what the instruments would indicate if your airplane was inverted? Just curious....apparently this is a question asked by the local DE for the CFII checkride.
Thanks
The serious answer depends on who the manufacturer of the gyros is (or were). Some will tumble, and some will not.

BD King said:
The serious answer depends on who the manufacturer of the gyros is (or were). Some will tumble, and some will not.
Yeah, that would be my answer, but I wanted to get some outside opinions. I think it's a rediculous question to start with...but that's just me.

gkrangers said:
I'm sure JFK Jr. would have loved to know..
Why, did he have some kind of failure leading to a darkened cabin?

Latest resources

Back